GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't Know why I Bother"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Mario Sunshine'.
Fri 25/10/02 at 23:34
Regular
This post is about all 120 shines in sunshine, it may spoil something but it doesn't tell you anything about the storyline.

Anyway I completed Sunshine with 101 shines, rather impressive. It was all very nice and then I remember that by getting all 120 stars in Mario 64 you got to meet Yoshi and had a cool extra at the end. So I embarked on a journey for all 120. Now I read about this secret Aloha mode, a mode where Mario not only wears shades but a cool shirt as well. Yet after talking to the sunglasses guy I got this 'secret mode' so I didn't need 120 shines i just needed to finish the game...

So what do I get for gaining all 120 shines? Well 8 very frustrated days later and I have all 120 shines and what a waste of sodding time. You get a small mark by your file and a different picture at the end... now that makes no sense to you yet let me assure you that it is an utter waste of sodding time... naturally the game was really fun but i could do with something.... erm.... better?

Please tell me the 120th shine holds a deeper secret, anyone know?
Mon 28/10/02 at 16:51
Regular
Now they've made the gaming engine, perhaps they'll knock out a few sequels, being bigger.
Mon 28/10/02 at 16:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You are starting to sound rather pessimistic there.

Last Mario game? What are you on about? The sales were massive and hes the flagship character! Of course there are gonna be more!

I wouldn't say its dissapointing. Sure, I'd like some more levels, but just 'being' Mario is such a joy.............plus the levels are all excellent.

Its simply brilliant.
Mon 28/10/02 at 16:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
While it was great to finally have a new Mario game, it was kind-of dissapointing. I haven't fully-completed it yet, but i've still been slightly dissapointed with it overall.

I have found it way-too-short compared to Mario 64.
It may be harder in some areas, but it can be quite repetitive at times.
There's a lot of great things to do in each level, but there aren't enough of them to make it last the extra-bit, nor is the final level anywhere-near big enough.

We bother because it's Mario!

But are Nintendo starting to lose their touch?
Could this be the very-last Mario game??
Sat 26/10/02 at 17:09
Regular
Have you ever done that head first into the sand? Tee hee.
Sat 26/10/02 at 15:53
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
Noki bay is definately my favourite level, along with the main hub level and pinna park. On all three of these levels there are really really high points that you can get up to and then dive off. If you've got the rocket thing with you at the time , then you can do that , then when it finishes shooting you in the air , you can press b to dive , then you dive for freaking ages ! It's amazing !
Sat 26/10/02 at 15:04
Regular
You didn't like the Hotel level????? That and Noki Bay was my favourites... and Pianta village, and Pina park, not to exclude Ricco Harbor.
Sat 26/10/02 at 14:27
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> ok i loved getting all the blue coins that was fun, but all in all i
> was hoping for a cool extra rather than a different picture.

You loved getting all those blue coins?

I've got another 20 or so to get, and I'm finding it real tedious.
They can be a really obscure places at times.

Anyway, even if there is no reward at the end, I'm going to finish it anyway. Mario Sunshine did disappoint me with it's size.
I was expecting the levels to be a little bit bigger and to be more of them.

Still, despite a few disappointing levels (that hotel really was poor...), when they're good, they're damn good!
Sat 26/10/02 at 00:41
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I guess thats with alot of games such as Zelda...
Sat 26/10/02 at 00:35
Regular
The game isn't dissapointing, just what you get (or don't get) when you complete it.

The only thing I don't like about Nintendo is that theres never a decent reward for fully completing a game.
Sat 26/10/02 at 00:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Nah.

Its still the greatest game of the year/on of all time.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.