GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't Know why I Bother"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Mario Sunshine'.
Fri 25/10/02 at 23:34
Regular
This post is about all 120 shines in sunshine, it may spoil something but it doesn't tell you anything about the storyline.

Anyway I completed Sunshine with 101 shines, rather impressive. It was all very nice and then I remember that by getting all 120 stars in Mario 64 you got to meet Yoshi and had a cool extra at the end. So I embarked on a journey for all 120. Now I read about this secret Aloha mode, a mode where Mario not only wears shades but a cool shirt as well. Yet after talking to the sunglasses guy I got this 'secret mode' so I didn't need 120 shines i just needed to finish the game...

So what do I get for gaining all 120 shines? Well 8 very frustrated days later and I have all 120 shines and what a waste of sodding time. You get a small mark by your file and a different picture at the end... now that makes no sense to you yet let me assure you that it is an utter waste of sodding time... naturally the game was really fun but i could do with something.... erm.... better?

Please tell me the 120th shine holds a deeper secret, anyone know?
Fri 25/10/02 at 23:34
Regular
This post is about all 120 shines in sunshine, it may spoil something but it doesn't tell you anything about the storyline.

Anyway I completed Sunshine with 101 shines, rather impressive. It was all very nice and then I remember that by getting all 120 stars in Mario 64 you got to meet Yoshi and had a cool extra at the end. So I embarked on a journey for all 120. Now I read about this secret Aloha mode, a mode where Mario not only wears shades but a cool shirt as well. Yet after talking to the sunglasses guy I got this 'secret mode' so I didn't need 120 shines i just needed to finish the game...

So what do I get for gaining all 120 shines? Well 8 very frustrated days later and I have all 120 shines and what a waste of sodding time. You get a small mark by your file and a different picture at the end... now that makes no sense to you yet let me assure you that it is an utter waste of sodding time... naturally the game was really fun but i could do with something.... erm.... better?

Please tell me the 120th shine holds a deeper secret, anyone know?
Fri 25/10/02 at 23:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Completed with 71. But the joy of getting 49 more is the reward for me.

Of course, a nice extra bit of stuff would have been cool..........but the game itself is quite enough for me!
Fri 25/10/02 at 23:38
Regular
I wanted to see Luigi or some sorta extra that would be so sweet.
Fri 25/10/02 at 23:48
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I guess they should of put something to the end for at least a small replay value. But, in Super Mario 64 when you got all the stars all you got was to meet yoshi and get a hell of alot of lives. So hasn't Nintendo learnt this small problem that suffers the game, But at the end of the day, Its about the reward of getting 120 shines. Isn't it?

At least now u get to say to people i got all 120 shines ;)
Fri 25/10/02 at 23:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Luigi would be cool.

That rumoured two player co-op mode, with a large mini story to go, using both the Poltergust and FLUDD with the two brothers......now THAT would be a sweet reward!

:)
Fri 25/10/02 at 23:50
Regular
ok i loved getting all the blue coins that was fun, but all in all i was hoping for a cool extra rather than a different picture.
Fri 25/10/02 at 23:52
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Luigi would be cool.
>
> That rumoured two player co-op mode, with a large mini story to go,
> using both the Poltergust and FLUDD with the two brothers......now
> THAT would be a sweet reward!
>
> :)

Like that guy in the haunted hotel who suggests the use of a hover to get rid of the boo's.
Fri 25/10/02 at 23:57
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Indeed.

But perhaps an extra 30 shines or so (ever the optimist me!) that can olny be got with a two-player combined mode!
Sat 26/10/02 at 00:00
Regular
I've got 118 at the moment

Do you not even get little sparkly bits when you do the triple jump like on Mario 64?

Maybe it has something to do with that book...
Sat 26/10/02 at 00:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
On Noki Bay?

I haven't found it, but I've heard of it.......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.