GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Getaway"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/03/02 at 21:56
Regular
Team SOHO and sony have finally given this game a solid release date (how many times have we heard that) but it is now coming out in October which means it will coincide with the release of Grand Theft Auto : miami so i think that will be a bad idea because they are near enough identical and the GTA series is at the moment more popular.

I think it is been in production so long because the on line features will have to be finialised and Sony will want to make this game an example to all other on line game makers, one thing that worries me though is with no playable code given to magazines and stuff maybe the gameplay wont be great and it will play crap.
hopefully not.

oh by the way the new add it on story (the proper version) will be up on saturday probly, just say if you want to write for it because if we get two people writing the next bit at the same time it could get confusing
Wed 27/03/02 at 10:39
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Well it would be a shame if it didnt come out, but if the facts change and there is not going to be The Getaway game then its not going to wreck the PS2. There are still many many top games coming out over the next year, some looking very good indeed.

FF10 isnt too far away either.
Wed 27/03/02 at 08:24
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
as i posted in these forums before...i read that the reason we have not seen any footage of the game up and running is that all the glorious screen shots that we have seen were in fact artists impressions of what they thought they could do with the new hardware and have fallen some way short of what they hoped for...

it stands to reason because we were seeing al those glorious shots even before the console was released

i hope im wrong but never in the history of games can a remember a game that they gave away so little info on
Tue 26/03/02 at 22:07
Regular
i meant nearly identecal as in "both driving games with violence and missions"
Tue 26/03/02 at 22:00
they aint nearly identical mate, We haven't got solid proof of the game yet. what its like etc and I mean Solid like stuntman Solid
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:56
Regular
Team SOHO and sony have finally given this game a solid release date (how many times have we heard that) but it is now coming out in October which means it will coincide with the release of Grand Theft Auto : miami so i think that will be a bad idea because they are near enough identical and the GTA series is at the moment more popular.

I think it is been in production so long because the on line features will have to be finialised and Sony will want to make this game an example to all other on line game makers, one thing that worries me though is with no playable code given to magazines and stuff maybe the gameplay wont be great and it will play crap.
hopefully not.

oh by the way the new add it on story (the proper version) will be up on saturday probly, just say if you want to write for it because if we get two people writing the next bit at the same time it could get confusing

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.