GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why The Getaway is going to be crap..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Getaway'.
Sat 26/10/02 at 11:43
Regular
Okay, your all lalala Getaway rules etc. Not me. It looks terrible.
Firstly, it's far too realistic in my view. GTA games are fun because they are fast, but standing on the spot firing one bullet every ten seconds against some Police who are hiding behind cars, phone boxes and old ladies is not fun.
Secondly, it's just too sick. I've seen the screenshot of a dead old woman on the floor, and a young girl with a gun to her head. If it beats Elspa, it will get a lot of bad publicity.
Thirdly, we'll all have GTA Vice and everything will eb right with the world.
Fourthly, the PS2 will really struggle to support all the detail. I don't want a game that stops every half hour.

I'm not getting it.
Sun 27/10/02 at 22:50
Regular
"Sturb du sweine"
i no what you mean but it looks amazing and ive had a bit of a play on it but it was a classic gta like thing and the gameplays pretty smooth.so its quite good from what ive played.
Sun 27/10/02 at 22:46
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Whilst I didn't actually play it, I saw The Getaway at the Playstation Experience and thought it looked pretty good, and a nice realistic alternative to GTA.
Though as the saying goes, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" or something like that.
Sun 27/10/02 at 22:38
Regular
"Sturb du sweine"
ok that was a tech. prob,just saying.
Sun 27/10/02 at 22:33
Regular
"Sturb du sweine"
Sun 27/10/02 at 22:33
Regular
"Sturb du sweine"
Sun 27/10/02 at 21:11
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
God knows how you can start slating a game from a couple of screenshots you've seen. Try actually waiting til the game is out and rent it, play it and then actually write something based on facts. The PS2 can easily handle whatever the Getaway will throw at it, this won't be any Driver 2 on PSX nonsense. I'll think i'll follow wookies view which is based on facts.

Asher D wrote:
> You'll see.
> I'll pop this when you've all wasted forty notes.

Didn't know they were making a £1 note nowadays. Must look out for that ;)
Sun 27/10/02 at 20:11
Regular
You'll see.
I'll pop this when you've all wasted forty notes.
Sun 27/10/02 at 01:05
Regular
sh*t in his eyes :)
Sun 27/10/02 at 01:05
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I think you'll find he's laughing at your comment about sh*t in eyes! :-D
Sun 27/10/02 at 00:42
"High polygon count"
Or†ega wrote:
> LOL @ THAT!

At the sh*t in his eyes, or that I think it looks good?! :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.