GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA 4"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto IV'.
Tue 27/11/07 at 15:44
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
Whos looking forward 2 GTA4
Wed 05/12/07 at 13:08
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
NOOOOOOOOO
Sat 01/12/07 at 18:39
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Nin wrote:
> I wanted London as well but i doubt it'll ever happen. I think
> Rockstar would need permission to create anything realistic and
> they're not going to get it for a game like GTA.

And of course there was GTA London back in the late 90s.

I remember hearing some time ago that Rockstar had bought the copyright to several names, these including GTA 4, GTA 5, possibly GTA 6, and also GTA Bogota. I think Tokyo may have also been mentioned, but bear in mind this was on Channel 4 Teletext some years ago... and Tokyo, you always hear, is ridiculously congested so it might not make such good sense as a game!

Whether that's true or not, it gives a few years' worth of options, no?
Sat 01/12/07 at 17:18
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
ok we will see
Thu 29/11/07 at 17:10
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
In other news, I started playing through the original GTA 3 again. And before that I was playing Vice City, although I got bored of that because of the dull money collecting.
Thu 29/11/07 at 17:00
Regular
"Mooching around"
The GTA scene is, of course, ripe with rumours. The most interesting being that you can even travel back to a small part of San Andreas in the new game, much like when you went back to Liberty City in San Andreas.

Evidence comes from a frame from the released trailer showing a sign with the advertisment to vist San Andreas for a certain amount.

So nothing really.
Thu 29/11/07 at 15:23
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
A new GTA4 trailer is on it's way on December 6th around 6pm. Whether that is UK time or not, I'm not sure but I would think it is.
Wed 28/11/07 at 19:18
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I doubt Sony's feelings would have been a consideration anyway. Just perhaps more from Rockstar's perspective they wouldnt want to cover ground another game series has already done. I bet since they're moving from GTA 3 - > 4 it had a certain logic to them to revisit the original GTA 3 setting. Of course that might mean we'll probably have GTA 4 : Vice City and GTA 4 : San Andreas before we get GTA 5. :)
Wed 28/11/07 at 18:47
Regular
I'm glad you added 'on a next gen platform'...

I think Sony would be grateful for a top selling series to be released on their system at the moment given the current catalog of games available for PS3...
Wed 28/11/07 at 03:29
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
GTA 4 is set in Libery City (as was GTA 3). Except this time its a closer copy of New York. As for landmarks, well you can see plenty in the trailers. How accurate they'll be is another story.

And London was never going to be an option I think because another similar game series has already done it (The Getaway). The Getaway 3 (or whatever it ends up being called) is in development too. I'm not sure Sony would have been too impressed with Rockstar if they'd stolen their thunder by doing London on a next-gen platform first.
Tue 27/11/07 at 23:12
Regular
Ah, so that's why there's going to be no planes?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.