GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox problems"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/03/02 at 21:23
Regular
I recently had problems with my XBox, losing game saves and getting random disk-read errors. I took it back to the shop I bought it from, and the replacement machine did the same. My friends XBox also had problems - sometimes refusing to load a game full-stop. Needless to say I got my cash back for it, and am probably going to hold off getting another XBox and get a Gamecube first. I liked what I saw on XBox, but from what games I saw/played on the Gamecube demo pod recently, I will get more enjoyment out of a Gamecube than XBox.

I'm not slating XBox at all, far from it. Just wondered if anybody else has had any problems, or knows anybody else who has??
Sat 30/03/02 at 14:10
Well we are just after buying the DVD kit for the X Box it seems to work fine
Oisín
Sat 30/03/02 at 14:03
Anyway, mine works fine. The
> clock resetting is still bugging me though. Apart from that, no problems
> whatsoever.

Re clock question do you unplug all the Xbos from the power? if so thats why the clock resets
Oisín
Fri 29/03/02 at 23:27
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
The shop you bought the initial xbox and got the replacemant from could be the problem. The shop may be mishandleing the machines. When I went to buy mine the guy behind the counter said"be careful, we have dropped a few today". Next time try a different store.

Anyway, mine works fine. The clock resetting is still bugging me though. Apart from that, no problems whatsoever.
Wed 27/03/02 at 13:35
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
In answer to some of these posts, I'm sure it is just bad luck. The unit never moved since I put it on the table next to my TV, so that can't have caused any problems. I haven't heard of many problems from other people either, so who knows?...

Anyway, I probably will get another one, but not until I get a Gamecube. I've sampled the warex of the XBox, and will do the same with Gamecube.

Enjoy your XBoxs guys! :o)
Wed 27/03/02 at 13:19
lol
Wed 27/03/02 at 12:38
Regular
LEARN TO SPELL YOU FUDGING ILLITERATE IDIOT!
Wed 27/03/02 at 12:08
Regular
i would like to buy an xbox and i will at me bday or around then if i can et a 2ndhand one in good condiion athat wud b good if not ill buy a brand spankin new one and i sure am lookin 4ward to buying it. but i also am not it seems to me that it isnt as popular and the buttons are too close together its all just a haze to me. i was on loot.com the other night lookin at second hand amd pcs and i seen them for like 300£ with 1.4ghz and all the nice specs me dad rekons i shid get a pc cos illl get more out of it but if it aitn got internet on it then i dont wanna use it, i only play online games like DoD counterstrike etc. which shud i get, i know this is irrelavent to te topic but im bored so bere with me.
Wed 27/03/02 at 10:52
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
I agree, X-Box is the best console I haev ever owned! And i think the launch titles for X-Box are teh best launch line up ever!

Halo, Dead Or Alive 3, Jet Set Radio Future, Project Gotham Racing, Rallisport Challenge...etc

AMAZING!
Wed 27/03/02 at 08:46
Regular
"BOSE"
i think it could be you. did you move it around alot etc? cause someboday said that if you move them around it'll do something :S

mine's been on my TV stand ever since it came into my house. no problems with my Xbox. i speak for everyone when i say this: it rules :)
Tue 26/03/02 at 23:26
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
thats the first problems I have heard of. My X-Box runs just fine, no problems. I think it was just major conincidence that your new X-Box had trobules, but dont let that put you off....... its a great console!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.