GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heres a crazy idea...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/10/02 at 03:04
Regular
Unless your Cookie Monster ignore this first bit.

Shortly after you left I got 54:49 seconds! In your face :D

Anyway..

In a conversation this morning with Cookie Monster I came up with the idea of sort of 'Ninty get-together'.

I thought it would be really cool if say, next summer, we all had a big SR Nintendo forum party somewhere.

We could bring loads of Cubes and controllers and spend the day playing loads of multi-player games and having massive tournaments.

If it was really big we could even make it a whole weekend if we can find somehwhere big enough for us to sleep in, seeing as we come from all different parts of Britain.

Then we could take pictures and make a mini website.

And have tropies and stuff, made out of something edible.

Anyway it was just an idea, if you think it would be pretty cool then share your ideas and maybe something will happen.

Unless of course your too scared of me kicking all your a*ses at everything, especially Timesplitters 2 :D
Mon 28/10/02 at 16:53
Regular
All the rest of the posts can go in the "Official" topic.

I'm closing this one.
Mon 28/10/02 at 16:47
Regular
Hmph!
Mon 28/10/02 at 16:43
Regular
Hush

No X-boxes

And relax, we have months to find somewhere okay?

And a deposit you will get back at the end of it.
Mon 28/10/02 at 16:41
Regular
Right...

How many of us are going?

If we all chip in, a night in a plain hall/room with a power supply and some tables for food etc shouldn't cost too much.

Not as much as hiring multiple travel lodge rooms atleast...
Mon 28/10/02 at 16:36
Regular
Thing is it's very unlikely that

1. You're gonna find a place where the owners will allow you to hire it for the weekend.

2. They're gonna rent it out to a load of kids 15+

3. It's gonna cost a hell of a lot, you're gonna need to put down a deposit incase anything gets broken, the hiring figure alone is gonna be around £300-400 depending on the quality of the venue.

A hall would be good, but it's very unlikely it'll ever happen. Probably be best off trying t talk Special Reserve into holding something like this for the members of the site...though that's unlikely as well.
Mon 28/10/02 at 16:34
Regular
Nah. One big hall will do nicely.

I'm sure there'd be room for some Xbox's if we stacked them up... :-D

Don't get me wrong, I've not turned into some MS fan, it's just a chance to play a 16 player deathmatch should NEVER be turned down! :-)

Just imagine, you could snipe someone who CAN'T look at your screen and see that crosshair over their head... :-)
Mon 28/10/02 at 16:30
Regular
Travel Lodge blows.

Thats a last resort.
Mon 28/10/02 at 16:24
Regular
sockets won't be a problem, 2 plug sockets per TV and Gamecube's no problem. I still think getting travel lodge rooms is the best idea, most travel lodge rooms have doors linking the rooms so you won't have much walking to do as long as the rooms are next to each other.

Also Travel Lodges are everywhere so there'd be no problem finding one.
Mon 28/10/02 at 16:24
Regular
I agree.

I think we should make it for peoples 15 and over.

Plug sockets won't be a problem.

No X-boxers, this is Ninty-Con 2003 people!

The problem is the TVs, we're going to have to bring our own.

We're all gamers so we will all respect each others stuff. Besides, if you don't theres 20 other people ready to turn on you :)

I will bring my TV, Cube and four controllers. The TV is 20 inch so thats okay, and I'll have an RGB cable by then too :)

What we'll do is make sure everything is a decent distant apart.

So my TV, cube and four controllers will all stay together, in one part of the room.

And the rest like that.

Naturally the biggest TV gets to go in the middle :D

Thats where the big tournaments will be held, cause we'll all by taking part and watching.

We get three TVs (biggest in the middle if they aren't all the same size) in a semi circle. That way we can have 3 heats of each tournament going at once, with the semi-finals and final taking place on the centre one.

See?
Mon 28/10/02 at 15:59
"+ suspicious minds"
Solskjær wrote:
> Good idea. But like what's already been said, it's never gunna happen
> because of where we all live.
>
> Finding just one hall/place with so-many sockets would be a hard
> enough challenge in its own rights - especially one situated in 'the
> right place' (wherever that may be).

for christ sake, think! there are such things as kulti socket extension leads! my house is blinking full of them!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.