GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MS and GC are they getting a raw deal?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/10/02 at 12:45
Regular
As a PS2 owner I can't help but chuckle at the problem Gamecube and Xbox owners face.

There systems software more often than not are just cheap ports of PS2 games and a way of making some easily money for developers without the effort. Need for Speed is an obvious example of this while the PS2 version runs at a really fast pace the Gamecube version is hysterically slow not much good having a smart looking racer that move like a lada. The Xbox version granted is better, but still not as good as the PS2 version why is this because the game has obviously been optimised for the PS2 first and then ported over.

People that say PS2 is dead need to get there head out of the sand from what I can see there would be no reason to buy a GC or Xbox on this evidence as you pay more for clone or inferior product. That is why the PS2 continues to sell as many as Xbox and GC put together.
Mon 28/10/02 at 12:45
Regular
As a PS2 owner I can't help but chuckle at the problem Gamecube and Xbox owners face.

There systems software more often than not are just cheap ports of PS2 games and a way of making some easily money for developers without the effort. Need for Speed is an obvious example of this while the PS2 version runs at a really fast pace the Gamecube version is hysterically slow not much good having a smart looking racer that move like a lada. The Xbox version granted is better, but still not as good as the PS2 version why is this because the game has obviously been optimised for the PS2 first and then ported over.

People that say PS2 is dead need to get there head out of the sand from what I can see there would be no reason to buy a GC or Xbox on this evidence as you pay more for clone or inferior product. That is why the PS2 continues to sell as many as Xbox and GC put together.
Mon 28/10/02 at 12:58
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Top score wrote:
> As a PS2 owner I can't help but chuckle at the problem Gamecube and
> Xbox owners face.
>
> There systems software more often than not are just cheap ports of PS2
> games and a way of making some easily money for developers without the
> effort.

The last time I looked, Mario Sunshine, Luigi’s Mansion, Star Wars: Rouge Leader, Monkey Ball, Wave Race, Smash Bros Melee, Pikmin & Resident Evil, Zelda Winds of Takuto, Resident Evil Zero, Star Fox Dinosaur Planet, Soul Calibur 2, Mario Party 4, Monkey Ball 2, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, are not cheap PS2 ports.

Granted, there are a few ports from the PS2, but not many. Some are naff (mainly because they were naff in the first place), but some, like Burnout, are better on the Cube.

Plus the Xbox has a number of exclusives like Halo, Project Gotham, JSRF, etc.

Methinks you messed up.
Mon 28/10/02 at 12:59
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Plus, if you look at Turok Evolution, you don't need to be a nuclear physicist to see the PS2 version is way inferior.
Mon 28/10/02 at 13:01
Regular
Burnout 1 is the only Burnout game on GC. Only PS2 has Burnout 2 for the moment.
Mon 28/10/02 at 13:03
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
If you want to argue about consoles getting cheap-ports of games, then the PS2 just isn't the console to defend about that.
Mon 28/10/02 at 13:04
Regular
"Remember me?"
Top score

Beware: Major Fanboy at Work.
Mon 28/10/02 at 13:06
Regular
Me thinks Top Scoreis that Techno Freak chump that got banned a while back.
Mon 28/10/02 at 13:06
Regular
Expletive Deleted wrote:
> If you want to argue about consoles getting cheap-ports of games, then
> the PS2 just isn't the console to defend about that.

Hold on, I thought PS2 got loads of games first. Like the original Burnout, and Burnout 2. And what about the exclusives like GTA3, GTA3-ViceCity, GT3, MGS2.
Mon 28/10/02 at 13:10
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Yes, 2 of them are updated ports from old PS1 titles.

And Burnout? PS2 probably got that first because the GC and X-Box weren't out then.
Mon 28/10/02 at 13:10
Regular
Dave RJR wrote:

> Hold on, I thought PS2 got loads of games first. Like the original
> Burnout, and Burnout 2. And what about the exclusives like GTA3,
> GTA3-ViceCity, GT3, MGS2.

Yes the PS2 does get a lot of games first but most of them are inferior to the Xbox and GC Versions.

Burnout has a better framerate and more detail on the graphics on Cube + Xbox.
Medal of Honour has got a smoother framerate and 4 player deathmatches on Cube + Xbox

I could go on but it would get very boring.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.