GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I swear they do it just to confuse people!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/10/02 at 16:30
Regular
Bloody typical!

Just like the supermarkets, I just get used to where everything is in Game, and they move it all around again. It's only been around six months since they last did it!

It was like this...

Walk in the door, and as you head down to the back of the shop...

Xbox on the left, PS2 on the right.

Checkouts on left, small DVD section on right.

Pass the checkouts - PC games on left, pre-owned on right.

Still PC games on left, PSone games on right. Hardware and accessories in the middle on shelves.

Futher down - still PC games on the left, GBA games on the right.

And right at the back - Gamecube.

Wandered in there today. Look left to see if there's anything new on Xbox. See rows of PS2's. Hmm.

Look right to see the PS2 games... PC titles.

Almost everything has been moved, except the Gamecube stuff which still languishes at the back of the store.

Now the whole of the front-left of the shop is PS2. All of the front-right is PC. PSone and GBA games are where they were before, and Xbox has been shoved right to the back and had its shelf space marginally increased with the addition of a "new release" section.

Why oh why do they do this? They have everything set out nicely, regulars know where everything is, and then they swap it all around.

It can only be to deliberately confuse people!
Mon 28/10/02 at 19:49
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Still, they have LOADS of pre-owned games :)
Mon 28/10/02 at 19:48
Regular
"Max Power"
i went to the game in ireland its wierd
Mon 28/10/02 at 19:47
"possibly impossible"
Who needs Game anyway? Over priced games. At least some of the staff seem to know what they're on about though.
Mon 28/10/02 at 19:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I have 2 GAME shops in my local area, one of which used to be Electronic Boutique (SP?).

The one that used to be EB is about the size of a nice big shed and has no air conditioning at all so it's always roasting, and the other GAME shop is about the size of a garage. It feels wierd having two GAME shops down town, as their only a couple of minutes walking distances from each other.
Mon 28/10/02 at 19:44
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
In virgin megastore in Leeds, there is always a member of staff playing on them! or this weird guy with a green mohawk that me and my friends laugh at. In game they are always on but the pads arent ever plugged in so you just see the demo loop. I hate them with a passion.
Mon 28/10/02 at 19:40
Regular
"Max Power"
the game in nottingham is like this
pc - downstairs hardwere left / right. games far left / far right
ps2 / gc / xbox - games - bottom half. top half consoles / controllers / memory cards
and it never changes well hasnt for ages
Mon 28/10/02 at 19:36
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
I hate looking around for games. You look like a right retard roaming about the shelves, but it's even worse when you happen to be around a games shop and you only feel like having a look at what's new on the shelves, knowing that you're not getting anything.

Oh it hurts!
Mon 28/10/02 at 19:28
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> The Game where I live has about 5 shelves for PS2 games, mostly
> stocked with about 10 copies of the same game. 3 Shelves for Gamecube.
> God knows how many for PC and a tiny piddly shelf in the middle of the
> shop for Xbox, oh how I laughed, then everyone looked at me and gave
> me weird looks.
hahahahaha
Mon 28/10/02 at 17:10
Regular
"Festivus!"
PS" and GC stands are always on in my local game, but I am yet to see the X-Bx one on... Interesting...
Mon 28/10/02 at 17:08
Regular
Annoying thing is, they always seem to have to the stands turned off nowadays

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.