GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I swear they do it just to confuse people!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/10/02 at 16:30
Regular
Bloody typical!

Just like the supermarkets, I just get used to where everything is in Game, and they move it all around again. It's only been around six months since they last did it!

It was like this...

Walk in the door, and as you head down to the back of the shop...

Xbox on the left, PS2 on the right.

Checkouts on left, small DVD section on right.

Pass the checkouts - PC games on left, pre-owned on right.

Still PC games on left, PSone games on right. Hardware and accessories in the middle on shelves.

Futher down - still PC games on the left, GBA games on the right.

And right at the back - Gamecube.

Wandered in there today. Look left to see if there's anything new on Xbox. See rows of PS2's. Hmm.

Look right to see the PS2 games... PC titles.

Almost everything has been moved, except the Gamecube stuff which still languishes at the back of the store.

Now the whole of the front-left of the shop is PS2. All of the front-right is PC. PSone and GBA games are where they were before, and Xbox has been shoved right to the back and had its shelf space marginally increased with the addition of a "new release" section.

Why oh why do they do this? They have everything set out nicely, regulars know where everything is, and then they swap it all around.

It can only be to deliberately confuse people!
Tue 29/10/02 at 10:39
i think that they should just leave things were they are...
Mon 28/10/02 at 23:39
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Well, my Local Game's abit like that, moving it about every second, even worse, is Blockbuster. God damn them.

Go in there 2weeks ago, all the movies and PS2 stuff yea yea. Next thing, its totally different. Whats up with that?! I swear they move it every other weeks.

Confusing. Its done, I think, personally, is because they want you to spend abit more time in there? No quite sure why..

Thanx for my GAD SR..
Mon 28/10/02 at 23:21
Regular
"That's right!"
Well, they've both been GAME shops for ages now, and neither show signs of shutting down. They're both tiny, not like the ones you see on posters or adverts, where the walls are lined with games!
Mon 28/10/02 at 23:18
Regular
"everyone says it"
One of them will probably be shut down.
Mon 28/10/02 at 23:15
Regular
"That's right!"
er-no wrote:
> Most shops are now re-fitted and refurbished thanks to EB deciding to
> call all the shops GAME.

--------

Because of that, there are now two GAME shops within a minute's walking distance of each other in the Eldon Square indoor shopping area. That so stoo-pad!

Anyway, yes, GAME are notorious for shifting things around. PC games have always been in the same place all the years I've been going there, but everything else seems to change with the wind

In Virgin, I don't even know where they keep the games anymore, the upstairs section has been totally redone (looks pap now) and there seems to be DVDs everywhere, and not a game in sight...
Mon 28/10/02 at 23:04
Regular
"everyone says it"
There is a reason for everything mentioned.

The GameCube has continued to be near the tills in most GAME shops because it actually does very well there along with the GBA being near the same area.

Most shops are now re-fitted and refurbished thanks to EB deciding to call all the shops GAME.

Also, all the staff are getting new colour shirts!!!! YEAH!! NO MORE GREEN!

Well, anyways, it baffled me when I was getting used to where things were.

If someone asks me to look for a PC game I normally just go 'its over there'.

If its a console question, I will help as much as I can.

Come see me! Wimbledon GAME.

:)
Mon 28/10/02 at 20:43
Regular
nah they are cool they dont even make me buy other products ......... gonna go to game for TS2 cos in my GAME they give 5 discount.
Mon 28/10/02 at 20:17
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Flux wrote:
> Still, they have LOADS of pre-owned games :)

They give you different prices on trade-in games too!
Mon 28/10/02 at 20:16
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
cipro wrote:
> I have 2 GAME shops in my local area, one of which used to be
> Electronic Boutique (SP?).
>
> The one that used to be EB is about the size of a nice big shed and
> has no air conditioning at all so it's always roasting, and the other
> GAME shop is about the size of a garage. It feels wierd having two
> GAME shops down town, as their only a couple of minutes walking
> distances from each other.

The two in leeds are nearly opposite each other (coz they used to be in competition) and its stupid!
Mon 28/10/02 at 19:59
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Will_MÅÐmÃñ wrote:
> i went to the game in ireland its wierd

If you tink dats weirrrd, you wonna see the wan in Wales.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.