GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I bought Cube magazine today"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/10/02 at 17:59
Regular
And I'm already drooling over the shots of Resident Evil Zero.

Out of interest, which do you guys consider the best mag to buy? I saw three today - Cube, NGC and the official mag. I picked Cube after flicking through all three, because I preferred the layout.
Mon 04/11/02 at 23:06
Regular
"Remember me?"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Don't know about G-Force, but would anyone recommend picking up a copy
> of Edge? Or GamesMaster?

GamesMaster - despite what it says - focusses more on some companies and not enough on others... while Edge is just boring.
Mon 04/11/02 at 23:02
Regular
Don't know about G-Force, but would anyone recommend picking up a copy of Edge? Or GamesMaster?
Sun 03/11/02 at 19:18
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
Has anyone read G-force before? and if so is it any good?
Sun 03/11/02 at 16:46
Regular
"waiting 4 Matrix 3"
Did like NGC but know I prefer the official one, How did Cube give Starfox 94% and NGC gave them 72%, Cube gave WWE wrestlemania X8 53% and NGC gave that 70%, Weird
Sat 02/11/02 at 22:30
Regular
Things like "The Japanese have been hammering demos from Nintendo over the last few weeks", "Retailers such as Toys R Us and GAME will soon have updated demo discs" and "Demo discs? Watch this space" all hint that it's very close.
Fri 01/11/02 at 20:30
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:

> plus demo discs that, fingers crossed, will be arriving shortly.

Strange ive been getting a feeling of that too, just slight things theyu put in sections makes me think they wantted it for the first issue, rool on to the day its free.
Fri 01/11/02 at 19:42
Regular
NOM - The best in my opinion. Honest reviews, and though they've changed the way the rate games, they still do it well, and I agree with them 95% of the time. It's professional, funny yet serious and they manage to pack a lot of information into those 132 pages. It's official too, so you'll get good interviews, information and release dates, plus demo discs that, fingers crossed, will be arriving shortly.

NGC - Good, but a bit cluttered in my opinion. I didn't really like the layout and thought the magazine wasn't as well written as NOM or OPSM2, their 'brothers'. Otherwise, a nicely put together magazine with free gifts that warrant a purchase every now and then.

CUBE - Easily the worst out of the three. Unprofessional and tacky, and the reviews are a nightmare to read. The information isn't too well set out, and it's in smaller quantities than the other two mags. I suppose their opinions are okay, but apart from that it's a poorly written magazine which offers little value for money.
Tue 29/10/02 at 18:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
NGC. Followed 'em for yonks. Issue 38 or something like that, with intermittent bursts missed in between.

Lost most of them

:)
Tue 29/10/02 at 18:15
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Heh, why buy a magazine anyway?

Internet.. :o)
Tue 29/10/02 at 12:17
Regular
"Remember me?"
I prefer NGC, as it's comprehensive, informative and also funny; a rare - and probably hard to pull off - quality in a magazine. Cube is good, too... but NGC's my mag of choice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.