GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whenz The Cube Going Online???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/10/02 at 21:02
Regular
Im a bit confused, is there any actual date when the Cube will go online, Its already online in Japan isn't it. USA Follows next. Phantasy Star Online is already out, in USA and you have to pay Manufacturer charges an $8.95 monthly service fee to play this game online. Online modem is out, but why hasn't the online launch been as big as Xbox live?
Sat 02/11/02 at 22:32
Regular
Nintendo's online plan to rival X-Box LIVE and Sony's ideas should be put into practice some time next year. By the way, have you got your GameCube yet, da_1_n_only?
Fri 01/11/02 at 21:18
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Boz wrote:
> Yeah PS2 is winning on the most consoles sold, being 40 million for
> PS2 now, but dont forget they had the 2 extra years.
> They still lead in the weekly sales too, so really internet will make
> or a console number 1 in the weekly sales, PS2 are always going to win
> overall.
>
> But didnt nintendo prove they were good at making games, sunshine sold
> more in a week than it took GTA3 and halo in a month..ill go look that
> up.

See, Mario Sunshine did sell a good number of copies! Eternal Darkness has done good as well, lets see if it can knock mazaa out of first spot!
Fri 01/11/02 at 19:06
Regular
Yeah PS2 is winning on the most consoles sold, being 40 million for PS2 now, but dont forget they had the 2 extra years.
They still lead in the weekly sales too, so really internet will make or a console number 1 in the weekly sales, PS2 are always going to win overall.

But didnt nintendo prove they were good at making games, sunshine sold more in a week than it took GTA3 and halo in a month..ill go look that up.
Fri 01/11/02 at 18:10
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
As you all know, its battle for second place in console wars. PS2 is the clear leader at the current mo stated by some research group. But online gaming will be business, online gaming will determine who wins, xbox or gamecube? Xbox live massive launch party, cos you know whos organising it. Microsoft (Richest company in the world), against a great gaming company Nintendo.

Whenever Gamecube officially goes online and when more games come out, but lets just hope it is very soon, as the other 2 are going online very soon as well with a number of games going online, but the cube so far only has 1, Phantasy Star Online. So come game producers for Nintendo and Nintendo themselves, we're all waiting for you to release online gaming.
Wed 30/10/02 at 11:00
Regular
no idea when its coming online, but nintendo has a been dealing with the internat since the snes in japan so im sure they know what they are doing.

I wont be getting the internet as soon as its here as im still unsure about it, id rather have nintendo making more better games than having the internet and games such as mario, pikmin and zelda not having sequels.

But really will it be any good?

sure at first it will be as it will be new, but so was i when i got the internet on pc to play games online, but soon it fadded and i dont go on it any more.

Nearly every game could use the internet, shooting in my mind would be the main genre i see getting used. But like i said it will fade, soon the same players will be on it so it will start to be like bots and you know what they will do.

this is how i think the 3 consoles will do:

Gamecube : having used the snes to place bets over the internet, its a start, i think they could do this well. But it will take them time, like in most things, giving the other 2 a head start. I think the games and characters will be the biggest part of online gaming for Gamecube, playing orginal and fun games like mario, pikmin and super smash brothers would beat any thing else.

Xbox : The real winners in my mind, they have the hardrive meaning you could download quite big extras and load the game from the hard drive so its quicker. With halo and rare on the consoles will also be a big part of their online gaming.

PS2 : i have no dought they will do well, they will continue to feed of the succes of the PS1. But if you look at the selection of games there is none that REALLY stand out and make you go wow, with them losing the resi evil and final fantasy series there main games will be MGS, GT and GTA.
I cant see MGS and GT doing that well online, but GTA will be big, setting up rival gangs would be brilliant, and its the only game around i see as being able to do that.
Wed 30/10/02 at 10:12
"+ suspicious minds"
unless you had a internet connection near the tv in your house, or indeed in the living room, then I'm not sure you would be able to go online.
Tue 29/10/02 at 21:46
Regular
"Remember me?"
Whitestripes wrote:
> I will kicketh thine a*se at Pokemon online.

I can't wait for that!
Tue 29/10/02 at 21:43
Regular
I will kicketh thine a*se at Pokemon online.
Tue 29/10/02 at 21:33
Regular
It will...*nudges GC*
Tue 29/10/02 at 21:28
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
auf deutsch wrote:
> I can't wait to use the internet on my GC, finally I'll have the net
> in my room :D

You need the Internet to connect to play online games for the cube!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.