GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First Dvd, video, Cd or book?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/03/02 at 10:12
Regular
Well, come on. What was the first Dvd, video, Cd, book, tape or record you ever bought or received.

Tell us. Go on.
Sat 23/03/02 at 10:12
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Well, come on. What was the first Dvd, video, Cd, book, tape or record you ever bought or received.

Tell us. Go on.
Sat 23/03/02 at 10:31
"possibly impossible"
That's quite a good idea actually.

I'd have to go way back...

Video: Short Circuit - when it first came out.

Book: Probably a Rupert Annual or something, first one I actually bought was The Hobbit, with the game.

CD - hm, Batman Returns soundtrack I think, or Twin Peaks.

DVD - First DVD was a collection of five which came with the player, Batman, Mars Attacks and three others. This was when DVD players were pretty new on the market.
Sat 23/03/02 at 10:44
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
pb wrote:
> DVD - First DVD was a
> collection of five which came with the player, Batman, Mars Attacks and three
> others. This was when DVD players were pretty new on the market.

You probably didn't get a Sony model.. Sony's came with a booklet from which you could slect 3 DVD's and they were all crap... I ended up with "Jumanji", "8mm" and "Das Boot", none of which were particularly brilliant.

The first cd I bought was by Jason Donovan.

Point and laugh, go on, I'm still waiting for the karmic backlash from that purchase.
Sat 23/03/02 at 10:55
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Mr. Happy wrote:
>The first cd I bought was by Jason Donovan.

No... It was a tape because it was back when few people had cd players, I think... It was when most singles were on tape. And I bought the goddam Jason Donovan album, why...

"I closed my eyes, drew back the curtain -aha ahhh - To see for certain - aha ahhh - what I thought I knew / Far, far away someone was weeping - aha ahhh - Any dream will do"

"Too many broken hearts in the world that's too many dreams can be broken in two, Too many broken hearts in the world, So I won't give up the fight for you"

Jesus it's scary what stays in your mind...
Sat 23/03/02 at 11:05
Regular
First DVD - Dogma

First video - Erm...Dragonheart, I think. Damn good film. Don't say anything, Happyman..

CD - Notsure. Think it was Blur..yes, it was Blur.

Book - Easy. Lord of the Rings, after reading my dads copy. I love that book. Not like a woman, obviously.
Sat 23/03/02 at 11:16
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Stryke wrote:
> First DVD - Dogma

First video - Erm...Dragonheart, I think. Damn good film.
> Don't say anything, Happyman..

Yes, you say that to the person who owns a Jason Donovan tape... I liked Dragonheart anyway... but if I remember the dragon smiled like Will Young.

Book - Easy. Lord of the Rings, after reading my dads copy. I love that
> book. Not like a woman, obviously.

That's because Women don't like beardy books.. ohh you meant not like you love women, but how do you love women? I heard it's only the strange ones with beard fetishes...
Sat 23/03/02 at 11:20
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
DVD - American History X
Book - Christ knows...probably Famous Five or summet.
Vid - Never bought one.
CD - Five. Dont laugh.
Sat 23/03/02 at 11:20
"Uzi Lover"
DANCE MANIA 3! YEA BABY!

Ermmm well I was attracted to it by the face on the front which looked 'funky' and 'hip' so i brought it for when I go abroad and I really did think it was 'hip'.

Big fish, little fish, big fish, little fish.
Sat 23/03/02 at 11:23
Regular
Mr. Happy wrote:
>
That's because Women don't like beardy books.. ohh you meant not
> like you love women, but how do you love women? I heard it's only the strange
> ones with beard fetishes...

--

Like Alicia, you mean? Yeah, thats right. ;-)
Sat 23/03/02 at 11:32
Regular
"Whatever!"
First DVD: Jaws

First video: The real Ghostbusters (animated)

First CD: Shaggy

First book: The history of Liverpool FC

First tape: Samantha Fox - Hold me

First record: World in motion (England 1990 world cup single)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.