GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats Wrong With Nintendo's Charachters????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/10/00 at 17:16
Regular
for the last 15+years Nintendo have designed charachters that have had a childish appeal to them yet the content involved in the game is far from that, Zelda would cut people and shoot arrows in the evil eyes of his enemy! I don't know about you but I wouldn't let a kid loose on those areas, whereas when he rides on the horse it is perfect for a child, but it's not really worth spending £40 on for a little horse ride and some fairies, Pokemon was made for children and young teenages yet it's still really violent, my next door neighbour had hid rabbits fighting the other day, and threw an apple at it to make it do some attacks(pokemon snap) but he forgot his camera! (he's only young) mario stomped on his enemies heads and threw people around areas, not very loving really. Yet people still think that these games are made for kids, I don't know many children around 10 years old and under that could complete these games, Diddy Kong Racing has got to be one of the hardest, i still havn't completed the last level!
That might not mean that the game is scary but difficulty is not made for children, most young kids would cry and ask their mum and dad to complete it for them, saying "kill him, kill him, it's too hard daddy I want another game". etc. I hope you understand, but write back because I want to know what you think about this.
Sat 07/10/00 at 18:17
Regular
Games characters aren't just for children. They appeal to children but I'll always like them.
The fact that they're cute just makes the game more fun to play, like relaxing after a Turok Rage Wars blood bath.
Sat 07/10/00 at 17:16
for the last 15+years Nintendo have designed charachters that have had a childish appeal to them yet the content involved in the game is far from that, Zelda would cut people and shoot arrows in the evil eyes of his enemy! I don't know about you but I wouldn't let a kid loose on those areas, whereas when he rides on the horse it is perfect for a child, but it's not really worth spending £40 on for a little horse ride and some fairies, Pokemon was made for children and young teenages yet it's still really violent, my next door neighbour had hid rabbits fighting the other day, and threw an apple at it to make it do some attacks(pokemon snap) but he forgot his camera! (he's only young) mario stomped on his enemies heads and threw people around areas, not very loving really. Yet people still think that these games are made for kids, I don't know many children around 10 years old and under that could complete these games, Diddy Kong Racing has got to be one of the hardest, i still havn't completed the last level!
That might not mean that the game is scary but difficulty is not made for children, most young kids would cry and ask their mum and dad to complete it for them, saying "kill him, kill him, it's too hard daddy I want another game". etc. I hope you understand, but write back because I want to know what you think about this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.