GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Questions for brainy people...!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/11/02 at 18:47
Regular
hiya and welcome to who wants to be the brainy bud...are first contestent is...i don't know yet so come on....
i will ask you 5 question and if you get them right...4 or 5 right!..
then you can pick whatever you want don't ask me questions and plus these questions are tricky!
so let me test your brain...!
Fri 01/11/02 at 19:24
Regular
"  "
The answer to Tonys is 6.32pm
Fri 01/11/02 at 19:24
"period drama"
I've got one.

If a clueless newbie starts a topic consisting of 97.8% pure SPAM (no weird white lumps) at 7.00 PM on a Friday when 2012 users are on the SR forums and 1256 of them withtin 5 seconds range on the topic itself. Taking into consideration the fact that the newbie has no grasp of grammer, increasing the time it takes users to understand it's rambling by 0.087 seconds per word, the average post being 3 words long.
A regular takes about 18 seconds to write a reply, 22 if it is quoted, which is 35% of the time.
An average user enjoys insults written by themselves and others for 0.97 seconds per word on each reply.

Using these facts, calculate: (taking into account most user will be eating snaks of some kind reducing word-rate by 65% per annum)

What is the rate of replies recieved?

What percentage of these replies are insulting?

How long will it take before regulars lose interest and are tired of insulting poor little newbies?
Fri 01/11/02 at 19:25
Mr happy said:
>The dogs will collide at a velocity of 47.548mph, assuming the snow proximity density to be an integer of less than 5, in their dash towards the carrots. This collision will generate the necessary quadbipotic force to frictionally explode the sled's cargo of nitro-glycerine, and gib the dogs. The resulting explosion will spread the dog's remains over a range of no more than 200 metres and the two crews of men will then initiate a break-dancing competition to see who gets to cook and eat the remains with carrots

what the hell are you talking about?
Fri 01/11/02 at 19:25
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
becky81 wrote:
> Your ...CORRECT!!!!
> and my second is...?

Amy or lucy or chloe ?
Fri 01/11/02 at 19:26
FinalFantasyFantel..said:
I've got one.

If a clueless newbie starts a topic consisting of 97.8% pure SPAM (no weird white lumps) at 7.00 PM on a Friday when 2012 users are on the SR forums and 1256 of them withtin 5 seconds range on the topic itself. Taking into consideration the fact that the newbie has no grasp of grammer, increasing the time it takes users to understand it's rambling by 0.087 seconds per word, the average post being 3 words long.
A regular takes about 18 seconds to write a reply, 22 if it is quoted, which is 35% of the time.
An average user enjoys insults written by themselves and others for 0.97 seconds per word on each reply.

Using these facts, calculate: (taking into account most user will be eating snaks of some kind reducing word-rate by 65% per annum)

What is the rate of replies recieved?

What percentage of these replies are insulting?

How long will it take before regulars lose interest and are tired of insulting poor little newbies?

I'M A NEWBIE!!
Fri 01/11/02 at 19:27
O my god i can't belive you got one right..it's Chloe!!
Fri 01/11/02 at 19:28
"period drama"
becky81 wrote:
> FinalFantasyFantel..said:
> I've got one.
>
> If a clueless newbie starts a topic consisting of 97.8% pure SPAM (no
> weird white lumps) at 7.00 PM on a Friday when 2012 users are on the
> SR forums and 1256 of them withtin 5 seconds range on the topic
> itself. Taking into consideration the fact that the newbie has no
> grasp of grammer, increasing the time it takes users to understand
> it's rambling by 0.087 seconds per word, the average post being 3
> words long.
> A regular takes about 18 seconds to write a reply, 22 if it is quoted,
> which is 35% of the time.
> An average user enjoys insults written by themselves and others for
> 0.97 seconds per word on each reply.
>
> Using these facts, calculate: (taking into account most user will be
> eating snaks of some kind reducing word-rate by 65% per annum)
>
> What is the rate of replies recieved?
>
> What percentage of these replies are insulting?
>
> How long will it take before regulars lose interest and are tired of
> insulting poor little newbies?
>
> I'M A NEWBIE!!

Duh.
Jesus Christ save us all.
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

> What is the rate of replies recieved?
The percentage compared to what?
It will be failrly high because everyone will make whitty insults disguised as posts.
>
> What percentage of these replies are insulting?
70% or upwards
>
> How long will it take before regulars lose interest and are tired of
> insulting poor little newbies?

A surprisingly long time.
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
FinalFantasyFantel..said:
> reducing word-rate by 65% per annum)

I think in the case of spamming newbies per annum sould easily be amended to per anum :-)

(That was rather clever I thought)
Fri 01/11/02 at 19:29
Soz i gotta go and kyz22 you have to meet me in my msn to no your prize..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.