GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fifa2003 worth getting?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'FIFA 2003'.
Sat 02/11/02 at 11:47
Regular
After all the the success Fifa has had it seems to be going down hill. One of the best games (in football terms) on the nintendo 64 i reckon was probaly fifa 99. Ok the graphics were not that good but the game play was amazing, you could buy players enter into cups and it had all the teams in from 1999 premiership and scotish,Italien, Spanish, Brazil, french, and so on. That was the last fifa game on the n64. But then we came to the gamecube fifa 2002 world cup,. Oh dear what a shambles that was, The graphics were awsome but they had changed the gameplay completely and so i decided to get ISS2 instead( as good graphics and good gameplay). I havent yet played on Fifa 2003 but if i had a Playstion 2 i wouldnt get that i would get Pro evolution2. What are your opinions if you have got Pro evolution 2 or Fifa 2003 let me know.

Cheers

Nintendoid
Sat 02/11/02 at 11:47
Regular
"In and out :)"
After all the the success Fifa has had it seems to be going down hill. One of the best games (in football terms) on the nintendo 64 i reckon was probaly fifa 99. Ok the graphics were not that good but the game play was amazing, you could buy players enter into cups and it had all the teams in from 1999 premiership and scotish,Italien, Spanish, Brazil, french, and so on. That was the last fifa game on the n64. But then we came to the gamecube fifa 2002 world cup,. Oh dear what a shambles that was, The graphics were awsome but they had changed the gameplay completely and so i decided to get ISS2 instead( as good graphics and good gameplay). I havent yet played on Fifa 2003 but if i had a Playstion 2 i wouldnt get that i would get Pro evolution2. What are your opinions if you have got Pro evolution 2 or Fifa 2003 let me know.

Cheers

Nintendoid
Sat 02/11/02 at 12:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Pro Evolution Soccer 2 won't be out on the GC until Febuary, but it'll be well worth the wait.

FIFA 2003, as good as it is compared to the last few FIFA games is still no competition to This Is Football 2003 or Pro Evolution Soccer 2. TIF 2003 isn't being released on GC, so I guess you'll just have to wait for PES2.

Wait until Febuary, honestly. It'll be worth the wait. :-)
Sat 02/11/02 at 12:18
Regular
"^_^"
The thing with the FIFA FOOTBALL games is that there is not really any speed. It is to simple and there is not enough skill and sheeky moves to take controll of. However, the best ever Fifa Football game was FIFA 95 on the Megadrive. The main reason is that when the ref came to send you of, you could do one lap of the pitch running away from him before he could get to you!
Sat 02/11/02 at 12:33
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Its very wrong to assume that Fifa 2003 is 'just the same old game as before'.

I bought Fifa 2003 yesterday morning and i was playing it until 4.30am this morning (im gonna put it back on in a sec after i wake up :)

Its a totally different game to any previous Fifa's and this version is extremely playable...

You make players run into space and then play a thru ball to them, theres alot of football needed to be played in order to get any kind of success in any level above the amateur setting. There is the entire 2003 Premiership which you can play in and the fixtures for the team you choose to play as are exact to the fixtures of the premiership.

Theres obviously the champions leauge, UEFA cup, custom cup (FACUP or w/e you want it to be) theres also 39 international teams.

The game is so playable it hurts, anyone who thinks this is just another EA cash in is mistaken, this game is easily the best footy game on the Qube at the moment.

If you got any questions about it post here and i'll answer them, i wouldnt want any footy fans to miss out on this superb game (yes a Fifa game thats superb) :)
Sat 02/11/02 at 13:13
Regular
First of all i remember a fifa game on the snes, think it was 94, and they had cheats in it, like invisable walls around the pitch and stuff.

Also i heard that in 2003 the ball is "free" instead of being with the player so its a bit like pinball of something like that, also is it on PS2, just i read the release dates on some site and it said, pc,GC and xbox, no PS2...is it already out?
Sat 02/11/02 at 14:32
Regular
i havent played fifa it looks okay........ i like the free flow of ISS 2 tho.
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:21
Regular
The FIFA series has been erratic, though this one has said to be great. However, it's worth noting that people have also said it's 'on par' with ISS 2, so if you already have that, it's not worth getting FIFA 2003.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2 is by far the best football game on any console at the moment, so wait until it gets it's GameCube remake/port (hopefully it'll have a few exclusive GC extras e.g. MOH: Frontline) in Febuary (?), as AJ seems to think.
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Fifa 99 was great, but it was no ISS 98. I still think that ISS 98 is the best football game around.
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:35
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Wait till feb if you want but you will be missing out on Fifa 2003 which is actually very playable (i was pleasntly surprised if im honest just how playable this game is, easily the best Qube footy game so far by an country mile and then some)

You guys can wait 3 months if you want... i will be playing Fifa 2003 for the next 3 months then maybe get Pro evo 2, that way i get the best of both worlds :)

Really this game isnt anywhere near as bad as some of you think it is.
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:36
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I'm getting it this xmas, I've tried to play the PC version, heh (No luck) :)

Anyway, It does seems that TIF 2003 on the PS2 a game inside out. a huge task of doing the whole game and enjoyed the game. Playing Fifa 2002 today was strange as it got 'Boring' After 4 matches. It didn't want me to come back...It threw me away *Sniff*

So the appeal of the fifa games are small, But i heard that Fifa 2003 is much more 'TV' Style gameplay! (I hope it does) and from the posts of this topic. It seems like its hit the outer ring of the bull eye.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.