GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can I just say something Non -- XBox related?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/03/02 at 21:43
Regular
Er, I don't want this to sound like some stuck-up "I'm better than all of you" type post, but I'd like to say something.

Recently the people in the Sony forum have realised that they are plagued by people starting pointless posts, posting in text speak, and generally spamming the place up so all the good topics are lost.

Basically, I'd just like ALL of us (including me, so you can shout at me as well if I do anything mentioned below) to be sensible and stick to some obvious rules - just to help make the place nice for all of us. The "rules" (for want of a better word) COULD be these:

Please don't use "txt tlk". That has it's place on mobile phones, not on forums.

Please don't start pointless topics. Eg, "Topic title: Halo. Topic content: Looks good, eh?" for example.

Please don't start loads of topics about the same game. Sony forum has about 15 topics about MGS2 - there's simply no need for that many.

If you need help/info on a game, have a quick look through the old posts - there maybe the answer there already.

Basically, just think before you hit the POST THIS MESSAGE BUTTON, eh?

Now, I don't consider myself any better than you, ignore the gold name. I'm just SUGGESTING (and they are only suggestions) a few things that may help us keep ths forum an information and fun filled place - instead of full of spam and rubbish.

If you disagree that's cool, just suggest what I've got wrong/how it oculd be better/why you disagree and we'll sort it out.

If you agree, even better.

Cheers for reading.
Sat 06/04/02 at 23:07
SORRY ABOUT THE Abbreviations in the last post
Ria
Sat 06/04/02 at 23:05
Mantis wrote:
> Forget the PS2 forum, the Xbox forum should be what you are thinking of.

Lets
> make this forum interesting and lively and I must admit this is already
> happening.

Before the Xbox was released, this forum was nearly dead, there
> seamed to be no interest in Xbox. Only the odd post made it worth
> visiting.

But now since the exellent xbox had launched, there has been a new
> lease of life allowed in here. That's thanks to everyone posting good coments.
> Well done all you xbox owners for making this place alot better and long may it
> continue.
Nice 1 mentus I have to agree with every thing U say I think this forum is great I never heard of ie until we got our XBox
Rock On XBox
Ria
Tue 02/04/02 at 21:05
Regular
"accidental superher"
Mantis wrote:
But now since the exellent xbox had launched, there has been a new
> lease of life allowed in here. That's thanks to everyone posting good coments.
> Well done all you xbox owners for making this place alot better and long may it
> continue.

not with the people that tequila sunset has just named...
i hate spammers
Tue 02/04/02 at 20:20
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
sorry i meant az_00_uk
Tue 02/04/02 at 20:17
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
I'm just bumping this topic back up to the top so that the new arrivals can read these guidelines, follow them and you will be respected, defer from them and be ridiculed.

this is especially aimed at: Baker, Jackass and Az_uk_02
Thu 21/03/02 at 22:38
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Forget the PS2 forum, the Xbox forum should be what you are thinking of.

Lets make this forum interesting and lively and I must admit this is already happening.

Before the Xbox was released, this forum was nearly dead, there seamed to be no interest in Xbox. Only the odd post made it worth visiting.

But now since the exellent xbox had launched, there has been a new lease of life allowed in here. That's thanks to everyone posting good coments. Well done all you xbox owners for making this place alot better and long may it continue.
Thu 21/03/02 at 19:56
Regular
lol sorry but isnt that post irrelevant to anything? but yeah i see ure point i dnt lke pntls cnvos on nwt
Thu 21/03/02 at 19:49
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
normally the first post of a forum are ground rules...
Thu 21/03/02 at 18:54
Regular
"¬_¬"
The spammers don't go for the 'Post this Message' button. They go straight for the 'Start New Topic', and probably won't even bother to look at this. Mind you, while we all complain about this stuff, this is the first time to my knowledge that some basic rules have been laid done. Get in there, get right on in there ma' son.
Thu 21/03/02 at 15:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Good thing is that even though we had a few different Halo topics, there was never really an excessive number. MGS2 on the other hand was way out of hand, not just in the Sony forum, but also FOG chat.

If someone see's a new game and wants to post something about then fair enough as far as I'm concerned, even if it isn't massively indepth. Just hope we can avoid any problems like the MGS2 one that has plagued the boards.

Plus the Sony forum ended up full of "gang" posts. Hopefully knowone will try and start that on here either.
;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.