GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can I just say something Non -- XBox related?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/03/02 at 21:43
Regular
Er, I don't want this to sound like some stuck-up "I'm better than all of you" type post, but I'd like to say something.

Recently the people in the Sony forum have realised that they are plagued by people starting pointless posts, posting in text speak, and generally spamming the place up so all the good topics are lost.

Basically, I'd just like ALL of us (including me, so you can shout at me as well if I do anything mentioned below) to be sensible and stick to some obvious rules - just to help make the place nice for all of us. The "rules" (for want of a better word) COULD be these:

Please don't use "txt tlk". That has it's place on mobile phones, not on forums.

Please don't start pointless topics. Eg, "Topic title: Halo. Topic content: Looks good, eh?" for example.

Please don't start loads of topics about the same game. Sony forum has about 15 topics about MGS2 - there's simply no need for that many.

If you need help/info on a game, have a quick look through the old posts - there maybe the answer there already.

Basically, just think before you hit the POST THIS MESSAGE BUTTON, eh?

Now, I don't consider myself any better than you, ignore the gold name. I'm just SUGGESTING (and they are only suggestions) a few things that may help us keep ths forum an information and fun filled place - instead of full of spam and rubbish.

If you disagree that's cool, just suggest what I've got wrong/how it oculd be better/why you disagree and we'll sort it out.

If you agree, even better.

Cheers for reading.
Wed 20/03/02 at 21:43
Regular
Er, I don't want this to sound like some stuck-up "I'm better than all of you" type post, but I'd like to say something.

Recently the people in the Sony forum have realised that they are plagued by people starting pointless posts, posting in text speak, and generally spamming the place up so all the good topics are lost.

Basically, I'd just like ALL of us (including me, so you can shout at me as well if I do anything mentioned below) to be sensible and stick to some obvious rules - just to help make the place nice for all of us. The "rules" (for want of a better word) COULD be these:

Please don't use "txt tlk". That has it's place on mobile phones, not on forums.

Please don't start pointless topics. Eg, "Topic title: Halo. Topic content: Looks good, eh?" for example.

Please don't start loads of topics about the same game. Sony forum has about 15 topics about MGS2 - there's simply no need for that many.

If you need help/info on a game, have a quick look through the old posts - there maybe the answer there already.

Basically, just think before you hit the POST THIS MESSAGE BUTTON, eh?

Now, I don't consider myself any better than you, ignore the gold name. I'm just SUGGESTING (and they are only suggestions) a few things that may help us keep ths forum an information and fun filled place - instead of full of spam and rubbish.

If you disagree that's cool, just suggest what I've got wrong/how it oculd be better/why you disagree and we'll sort it out.

If you agree, even better.

Cheers for reading.
Wed 20/03/02 at 21:46
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Listen to him, save yourselves before you become like the PS2 Forum......*wipes tear from eye* We're beyond help now.....
Wed 20/03/02 at 22:26
Regular
"accidental superher"
the problem has been there (in the sony forums) for ages now....
yeah i hope it doesn't happen here...
i almost started a topic about my misfortunes of my xbox not arriving but then i thought to myself that that sort of topic would really annoy me so naturally i never submitted it!
:D
Thu 21/03/02 at 11:26
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Good call YH!

Also, might be an idea to bump this topic to the top, makes sure most people at least get to read it.
Thu 21/03/02 at 11:28
o ok m8 dnt no we shldnt use txt tlk!
Thu 21/03/02 at 13:06
Regular
"BOSE"
you have issues about people typing in txt form so i stopped. but as for the rest i don't see any "rules" around here. there's also no forum "rules" either. i say people can post whatever then wanna in here
Thu 21/03/02 at 13:11
Regular
Daveus, fair enough.

I'm not trying to impose anything on anybody.

I was merely suggesting a couple of things which may help keep the forums in a better state than the Sony forum is in now.

No one has to do what I said, they were just some ideas I had last night.
Thu 21/03/02 at 15:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Good thing is that even though we had a few different Halo topics, there was never really an excessive number. MGS2 on the other hand was way out of hand, not just in the Sony forum, but also FOG chat.

If someone see's a new game and wants to post something about then fair enough as far as I'm concerned, even if it isn't massively indepth. Just hope we can avoid any problems like the MGS2 one that has plagued the boards.

Plus the Sony forum ended up full of "gang" posts. Hopefully knowone will try and start that on here either.
;-)
Thu 21/03/02 at 18:54
Regular
"¬_¬"
The spammers don't go for the 'Post this Message' button. They go straight for the 'Start New Topic', and probably won't even bother to look at this. Mind you, while we all complain about this stuff, this is the first time to my knowledge that some basic rules have been laid done. Get in there, get right on in there ma' son.
Thu 21/03/02 at 19:49
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
normally the first post of a forum are ground rules...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.