GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spoof Spoof Spoof"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/11/02 at 19:31
Regular
Why is there a need for everyone to start putting the word 'spoof' in their topic headers. Do they think that people on this forum are too stupid to tell when they read a story, or are they worried about getting sued?

I mean, if people really think these things are real, we don't really want these people on the site, do we? (well, maybe for comedy value).

I personally think that would be a great idea to have more non-spoof stories on the forum, I like to read new stories, especially horror, and I look at the Stories forum quite a bit, but unfortunately there aren't that many any more.

Perhaps it's just me.
Mon 04/11/02 at 20:15
Regular
Spoofs are crap. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

How original is it to take somebody elses work, change it so you have people we all know in, make sure that Mystique shags someone and Mr Snuggly gets caught with his pants down... if you think you're funny for writing them, then you seriously need to start aiming a little higher in life.

At least if you DO do spoofs... change it around a bit, make it exciting, have plot twists, not just a bunch of people running around and doing things. IT'S BORING. To me.
Mon 04/11/02 at 20:15
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I have the unfortunate word association with the word "spoof" after a friend of mine said that his room mate had spoof all over his bed sheets.
makes me chuckle when I see it in the topic titles. :)
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:09
Regular
"That's right!"
My spoofs loosely follow the plot of the film, and some characters, but often have alternate endings or plot twists

And MothBusters was totally original (except the name, heh)

I never put "spoof" in the title though
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:09
"possibly impossible"
Hear Hear Grix.

Of course, this will now turn into another one of those 'the notables are ganging up on us poor regulars' posts...
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:20
Regular
I actually agree with Grix (and if you read my spoof (which was very small for the reason that people don't like them) I put "This spoof is crap" in every few sentances!). Mine was just cos I hate the "I am 1 yr old" topics. So I done a "I am 1 yr old" spoof instead. :c)
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:24
I remember when I use to write joint stories with YH and Ant and co. when we took it in turns to write stuff and that the only posts that were allowed in the topics were proper story posts. I didn't do that much writing but it was fun reading them, they always had loads of cool twists.
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:35
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Oh sorry pb, I didn't realise that you had done a post on how crap and annoying all these spoofs are getting. I just did one titled 'Enough with the spoofs'
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:47
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Spoofs are crap. Sorry, but that's my opinion.
>
> How original is it to take somebody elses work, change it so you have
> people we all know in, make sure that Mystique shags someone and Mr
> Snuggly gets caught with his pants down...

LOL i thought it was just me.
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
There has been a recent influx of SR spoofs. People should try something without SR characters in it.
Mon 04/11/02 at 22:40
Regular
"I like cheese"
It's decided.

Once I finish my Maths Coursework this week, I'm beginning a new 'short' story. Not a spoof.

Possibly a sequel to the Devil's Invasion...

Anyone who's ever read my stories, would you prefer a sequel or something new?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.