GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UK Xbox launch sales!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/03/02 at 22:52
Regular
The xbox sold in the first 2 days of sale in the Uk, 48 000 units with an aerage of 2.5 games sold per console.

Compare this witht he PS2 which sold just under 70 000 units its first 2 days on sale. However the PS2 averages game attact rate was only 1.8.

There you go. I don't know much about sales figures but if the UK sold 48,000. The the whole of Europe muct have been perhaps 200,000. Thats good isn't it?
Thu 21/03/02 at 22:33
Regular
"accidental superher"
let's hope so!!!
Thu 21/03/02 at 21:47
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Wow, the X-Box has been doing well. :-) Looks like its gonna be here for the long term. ;-)
Thu 21/03/02 at 17:27
Regular
Got this from computerandvideogames.com they posted it up on Tuesday, sorry it took so long for me to put it up here.

"Microsoft UK has confirmed today that the official Chart Track sales figure for Xbox's first three days in the UK is 48,000 units. While Microsoft is yet to confirm a definite figure for initial shipment, trade speculation put the launch figure of the huge black box at 80,000 units. Microsoft is expected to fully announce European figures later this week. Lawks. By comparison, PlayStation 2 sold just under 70,000 machines in Britain in its first two days.
You kerazy gamers that decided to splash the cash on Xbox last week did it in style: 2.5 games were sold for every console.

In the words of the late, fantastically great Irish genius Frank Carson, and there's more. Chart Track software figures showed today that Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty was the top selling game of last week, followed by – you guessed it – ultra-classy Xbox shooter Halo. The next Xbox title on the list is Bizarre Creation's city driver Project Gotham Racing.

Microsoft staffers, deservedly, are bouyant. "On top of 48,000 being a great start," said Richard Teversham, head of Xbox marketing for the UK, "I think the 2.5 titles per console figure that Chart Track is quoting really shows how strong our launch line-up was. If you compare it to the competition, PS2 sold 1.8 games per console in launch week... Anecdotal feedback from accounts is that Halo is attaching 85 percent, then Gotham, then Dead or Alive 3.""
Wed 20/03/02 at 23:36
Regular
"accidental superher"
it should have reached me on the launch day but it never came...amazon have been quite helpful though...and i think i should be getting it by friday...too bad i'm off to florence for a week on saturday!
Wed 20/03/02 at 23:34
Regular
Lost in the post? Damn, that's crappy luck.

Hope you get it soon mate, it's an excellent machine!
Wed 20/03/02 at 23:34
Regular
"accidental superher"
dead or alive 3 is also an awesome multiplayer game (don't know about single cos when i;ve been at my friend's room i've only ever played multiplayer)....
doa3 is really good and i highly recommend it...
Wed 20/03/02 at 23:32
Regular
"accidental superher"
the wicked thing about my school is that anyone in my school who has an xbox can hook it upto the intranet....then we could get a massive 16 player halo deathmatch going :D
too bad my school term finished today and also my xbox got lost in the post by royal mail
Wed 20/03/02 at 23:31
Regular
Yeah, I played for that long because it's a great game, with HUGE levels.

I haven't done/seen any multiplayer yet, but I should be taking my XBox round a mates this weekend, he has one as well so we'll probably try out that link up thing and see how it goes.
Wed 20/03/02 at 23:27
Regular
"accidental superher"
i'm guessing you played for that long cos it's good game....that's always a good sign!!!
have you played halo 2 player coop yet....i've seen my friends doing it.....and it's pretty sweet!!
as for pgr...good luck with completing the challenge...
i've only had a very short go on pgr myself...
Wed 20/03/02 at 23:24
Regular
I only got 2 games with mine, Halo and PGR.

They're both fantastic and it'll be hours and hours more 'til I complete them both.

I've done the first 4 levels of Halo now, on easy mode. I played it for 2 horus tonight, solid. That may not sound alot, but for me it's tonnes, I hardly ever play games for that long.

Working through PGR arcade mode. Got to VERY HARD difficulty, and it is damn hard! That bloody San Francisco track, argh! I just can't quite get 3 laps in to get the bronze, I ALWAYS mess one lap up and it's really annoying.

Still, I will do it. You mark my words...

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.