GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UK Xbox launch sales!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/03/02 at 22:52
Regular
The xbox sold in the first 2 days of sale in the Uk, 48 000 units with an aerage of 2.5 games sold per console.

Compare this witht he PS2 which sold just under 70 000 units its first 2 days on sale. However the PS2 averages game attact rate was only 1.8.

There you go. I don't know much about sales figures but if the UK sold 48,000. The the whole of Europe muct have been perhaps 200,000. Thats good isn't it?
Tue 19/03/02 at 22:52
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
The xbox sold in the first 2 days of sale in the Uk, 48 000 units with an aerage of 2.5 games sold per console.

Compare this witht he PS2 which sold just under 70 000 units its first 2 days on sale. However the PS2 averages game attact rate was only 1.8.

There you go. I don't know much about sales figures but if the UK sold 48,000. The the whole of Europe muct have been perhaps 200,000. Thats good isn't it?
Tue 19/03/02 at 22:57
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Not too bad. Japan sold 123,000 in 2 or 3 days. USA sold 1.5 million from Nov 15th - Dec 31st.

Hopefully Europe can hit the 1 million mark in a month.
Tue 19/03/02 at 23:09
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I would jsut like to say that this may not be official. I read it off a forum from xboxaddict so there real figure may be higher. 48,000 sounds about right though.

Its only been a few days but have any of you had your mates over to show them the xbox and what it can do.

I would say around 12 people have say my Xbox and its games so far. Every single one of them have been very impressed, even 2 of my PS2 owning friends thought it was great!

2 player co-op Halo sells xbox to them. They all love it.
Tue 19/03/02 at 23:19
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Mantis wrote:
Its only been a few days but have any of you had your mates over to
> show them the xbox and what it can do.

One mate came over and saw it but he is mainly a PC person and has a PS2. He wouldnt get a Xbox as he would rather spend the money on a new Geforce 4 Ti4600. Another mate already has one so he came over with his for 2 player Halo. And another mate wants one, but hasnt got the money. And all other mates arent interesed in computer games, rather do sport and listen to music e.t.c.
Wed 20/03/02 at 00:38
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well my cousin will probably get one when he has the money. Hoping to get another cousin interested too. ;-)
Wed 20/03/02 at 10:37
Regular
"BOSE"
Mantis wrote:
> The xbox sold in the first 2 days of sale in the Uk, 48 000 units with an aerage
> of 2.5 games sold per console.

Compare this witht he PS2 which sold just
> under 70 000 units its first 2 days on sale. However the PS2 averages game
> attact rate was only 1.8.

how can you buy .5 and .8 of a game? :S
Wed 20/03/02 at 11:27
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Daveus wrote:
how can you buy
> .5 and .8 of a game? :S

Its just the number of games bought against the number of consoles. Some people may buy 1 game others have 5. One person from another board had 14 launch games and that cost nearly £1000 for it all :). I bought 4 games so I bought more than average.
Wed 20/03/02 at 19:49
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I bought 5 games at launch and then a 6th a few days later.
:-)
Wed 20/03/02 at 22:42
Regular
"accidental superher"
my xbox that i've ordered i currently lost in the post but i got doa3 and halo with it.....and have recently got pgr (30 quid), oddworld (25 quid) and wreckless (30 quid) which isn't bad..
too bad i don't have a x box to play my games on!!!
hope amazon sort out my problem soon.
there are so many more games i wan to get....jet set radio future, rally sport challenge, amped....all of them look fab!
Wed 20/03/02 at 23:24
Regular
I only got 2 games with mine, Halo and PGR.

They're both fantastic and it'll be hours and hours more 'til I complete them both.

I've done the first 4 levels of Halo now, on easy mode. I played it for 2 horus tonight, solid. That may not sound alot, but for me it's tonnes, I hardly ever play games for that long.

Working through PGR arcade mode. Got to VERY HARD difficulty, and it is damn hard! That bloody San Francisco track, argh! I just can't quite get 3 laps in to get the bronze, I ALWAYS mess one lap up and it's really annoying.

Still, I will do it. You mark my words...

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.