GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do u think gta vice city should have been set in the 80`s"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:48
Regular
tell me if you think is a good or bad thing that gta vc is set in the 80`s
Mon 04/11/02 at 22:04
Regular
In my opinion, games set in the past are a bad idea (except obvious ones like ancient Japanese strategy games). I much prefer futuristic stuff, or at the very least things that are up to date. On games like TimeSplitters I groan when we get put back in time, but get all excited when we're off to the future.

I`m not amazingly interested in what has already gone by. Its been seen, written down, talked about and whatever else. The future however, though it may also have been talked about, has a lot more potential. To us, the future could be anything, and that interests me.

For a game like GTA, it would have been great if it were set in a futuristic environment. Imagine Grand Theft Auto: Coruscant, the combination of Lucas Arts and Rockstar Games. Exploring a massive city in whichever vehicle you chose, seeing if you could run over any jedi that got too close too your path, it'd be fantastic.

Imagine the number of different possibilities... the little details you could put in that would send Sci-fi and Star Wars fans crazy. We`d spend hours and hours looking around for clues about little Star Wars stories held within the game.

Rather than working for "Tony Aloney" or whatever, you could work for corrupt senators trying to improve their position in the senate by keeping their own activities legal whilst using you to do their dirty work.

All the same submissions could be brought in, and more on top of that. Taxis and emergency services could still be there, and used in the same way, whilst you could add Bounty Hunter missions as well. You could even decide to become a "good bad guy" who helps out the less fortunate people living down in the lower levels of the city.

Anyway, enough dreaming, GTA would be my perfect game if it was set in the future, so in my opinion, going back to the 80s is the wrong direction. Still, it`ll probably be a great game anyway, and no doubt sell in the high millions.
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:48
tell me if you think is a good or bad thing that gta vc is set in the 80`s

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.