GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do u think gta vice city should have been set in the 80`s"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:48
Regular
tell me if you think is a good or bad thing that gta vc is set in the 80`s
Tue 05/11/02 at 14:46
"You love us!"
Silent85 wrote:
> I was born in 1985 but I grew up fast and I know all the 80's tunes
> your so happy with.

Yeah thats fair comment Silent! I guess you didn't have to grow up in the 80's, just more of if you know the songs them they mean a bit more. Brings back the memories of school discos for me LOL

Man you must have grown up fast, born in 85' and know the tunes - I think we have a closet 80's fan here ;-)
Tue 05/11/02 at 14:30
I was born in 1985 but I grew up fast and I know all the 80's tunes your so happy with.
Tue 05/11/02 at 14:24
"You love us!"
Rockstar made an excellent move by setting Vice City in the 80's!

IMO it was one of the most inspired moves in video game history - totally.

It does kinda loose a little if you didn't grow up through the 80's as some of the music won't mean anything to you, but for people like me (i was just in my teens in the mid-late 80's) all the old songs and just the 'Miami Vice' vibe of the game is excellent - totally excellent.

Hell, i even went on Kazaa last week and d/l'd all the 80's songs from the game! LOL. Just getting in the Ferrari Testarossa look-a-like (called the Cheetah) , white of course for you Crocket fans out there ;-), and driving along with 'Keep on loving you' on the radio is something I will never get bored of - ever!

Utter genius RockStar! :-D
Tue 05/11/02 at 14:05
I have to disagree SSXPRO Gta in the future has been tried before by dma or rockstar north as they are called now. GTA2 did sell well yet people disliked it as they couldn't relate to the world. Thats where gta3 put things on track again.
Tue 05/11/02 at 13:17
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Another useful contribution there Nomino - thanks for your efforts..
Tue 05/11/02 at 13:06
Regular
Given that the game is set in the 80s', who cares?
Tue 05/11/02 at 10:53
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Course - the 80's were cool man.

Iv'e dug out my hawaian shirt and flares all ready so I can dress up and really play the part of Friday - hell I might even wear the shirt for work. Just need to grow my hair a bit though..

The music was cool - the food was cool - the movies were cool and the bikes and cars were totally rad man. Snickers were still known as Marathon - Sunburst were Opal Fruits - Coca Cola was the real thing and Babycham was what all the cool girls drank. Ford Capri's were the only car worth having if you wanted to stand a chance with the chicks.

All those evenings spent watching Starsky and Hutch, Miami Vice etc - I can live it all out now - and pretend I'm that one that puts that slug into Starsky.

Bring back the good old Electro pop and Disco music from the 80's, much better than all this boy band crud that hits the charts nowadays.
Tue 05/11/02 at 10:43
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
From a personal viewpoint I am eagerly anticapating this next installment because it is set in the eighties. There will be many jokes in the game about all the bad things that went on back then and I can't wait to listen to the music for a blooming good laugh. Most people of the correct age group (Over 18 only kiddies) will have at least some recollection of the eighties and personally the eighties were in my most formative years.

Bring on the pastel suit and loafers with no socks!!!!!!!
Tue 05/11/02 at 10:38
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Sorry ssxpro going to have to disagree with your dreams here, GTA set in Star Wars theme.....rubbish, utter rubbish! The whole point of the GTA series is the violence, guns, cars, motorbikes, gangs etc etc

Not bloody Star Wars with lasers, light sabres, Jar Jar Binks etc etc.

If you want these then go and play on Jedi Outcast or a Star Wars based game from Lucas Arts and leave Rockstar to carry on doing what they do best......pizza delivery in Coruscant....phhht!
Tue 05/11/02 at 00:06
"cheerios"
no way

its quite cool that its set in the 80s

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.