GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online Gamecube Vs Xbox Live"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/11/02 at 01:26
Regular
Yes, i know this a Nintendo forum, but it would be interesting to hear peoples views on the above.

I myself have both a gamecube and an Xbox.

I also have Broadband internet at home, so im already halfway there.
Now, the main problem is, which to get?
do i get one or both?

Xbox live is sounding more and more impressive as the days go on, but, remember this is Microsoft we are talking about!
Problems WILL be plentiful! LOL
They promise live chat to anyone in the world instantly, and also little or no slow down whatsoever!
Now, im not gonna sit here and list everything about it, because i dont want to go over what other people have already said.

I simply would like to know your views on gamecube broadband (or 56k) and Xbox live.
Will you be getting one or the other, or both?
and what games are you most looking forward to and why?

Post them below and let us all know.

TIA

i myself want to use Xbox live for Halo 2 and Project Gotham 2
but i also am eagerly awaiting my copy of phantasy star online to use with my broadband adaptor for US gamecube (its gathering dust at the minute), when the game finally gets shipped out!!
Delays, Delays, Delays!
apparently its a software bug.....blah blah blah!
Tue 05/11/02 at 01:26
Regular
Yes, i know this a Nintendo forum, but it would be interesting to hear peoples views on the above.

I myself have both a gamecube and an Xbox.

I also have Broadband internet at home, so im already halfway there.
Now, the main problem is, which to get?
do i get one or both?

Xbox live is sounding more and more impressive as the days go on, but, remember this is Microsoft we are talking about!
Problems WILL be plentiful! LOL
They promise live chat to anyone in the world instantly, and also little or no slow down whatsoever!
Now, im not gonna sit here and list everything about it, because i dont want to go over what other people have already said.

I simply would like to know your views on gamecube broadband (or 56k) and Xbox live.
Will you be getting one or the other, or both?
and what games are you most looking forward to and why?

Post them below and let us all know.

TIA

i myself want to use Xbox live for Halo 2 and Project Gotham 2
but i also am eagerly awaiting my copy of phantasy star online to use with my broadband adaptor for US gamecube (its gathering dust at the minute), when the game finally gets shipped out!!
Delays, Delays, Delays!
apparently its a software bug.....blah blah blah!
Tue 05/11/02 at 01:27
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Since when does the Gamecube has a broadband adaptor?
Tue 05/11/02 at 01:30
Regular
oh dear, since about a month ago, when it was released in the US

thats not the point, post about the topic or dont bother

i asked what people will get, or what they are interested in

you clearly dont know so leave it alone
Tue 05/11/02 at 01:39
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
You. Are. An. IDIOT.
Since I don't live in the USA I wouldn't know that.. and you keep proving to me that you are an idiot by posting crap about other peoples views and questions, I can't wait till you are banned.
Tue 05/11/02 at 01:41
Regular
ok, so what is a forum for?

i was under the imnpression it was for discussions.... am i wrong?

this is a discussion post, by me, so please dont fill it with crap.

thanks
Tue 05/11/02 at 01:42
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Alcofrolic wrote:
> ok, so what is a forum for?
>
> i was under the imnpression it was for discussions.... am i wrong?
>
> this is a discussion post, by me, so please dont fill it with crap.
>
> thanks

You idiot, again you prove it, all I asked was since when was there a modem for the GC and you turn it into a tantrum fuelled battle as usual.
Loser.
Tue 05/11/02 at 01:43
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Sorry, broadband adaptor.
Tue 05/11/02 at 01:44
Regular
ah ha, i really did didnt i.

i stated when it was released and then re-iterated my topic questions

can users write down their views and opinions of the broadband services for either, or both consoles

thanks
night
Tue 05/11/02 at 10:45
Regular
Play nice children...

And for the record, there is/will be a broadband adapter for the gamecube. It's the one that looks just like the black 56k one, but in grey.
Tue 05/11/02 at 10:48
Regular
And at risk of getting back on topic ( :^) ), it sounds like you just might be able to afford both packages if you really wanted, but at the moment, the xbox one sounds better to me (gasp).

Then again, could just be because we've not heard much on nintendo's plans yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.