GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xboxs suck!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/11/02 at 14:44
Regular
If you think X-boxs suck then say so, and why?

Dont ask why I'm making this post. It's just out of curiosity, I was wondering how many people feel like I feel towards the $H!Tbox, aka the xbox.
Wed 06/11/02 at 15:37
Regular
Well lets see (trying to keep is real here).

It's BIG. TOO BIG. And the top is not level. Can't "stack" it.

Depreciation. Less than half price in it's first 6 months. This will make a difficult job for XBox2 - since it will be much more expensive to start with, and people might shun it since they assume a big price drop would be "just round the corner".

The big M's tactic's. Microsoft may not need to "win" over the population. I could simply buy up all the games out there. Then they could make all follow up games XBox (or XBox 2) only.

Broadband built in. So what. I can't get broadband anyway, and in any case you need to pay for installation, then a standing connection fee (between £20-£30 a month), and then a fee to Microsoft for Xbox content. Everyone got their Credit card's handy?

POWER. Yes, we know it's faster than the other 2 consoles. We also know that it IS faster in real terms, not just on paper. But I doubt it is as fast or as capable as Bill would have us believe. Don't forget that the PS2 is the ONLY console to offer processing power of several giga-flops. On a more obvious note, port games on XBox usually look the same or (at best) very slightly better than the PS2, GC, or PC original. And XBox has a lot of these.

Hard disc - no need for memory cards. Well thats sort of true. If u want to take a saved game to a friend with another XBox, you still need a memory card to transport the saved data.
Wed 06/11/02 at 15:59
"The Will of D."
I think the GC has the best shape and size, the Xbox is big and too bulky, the PS2 is a weird sideways cuboid shape and you can't stack any on top off each other, the GC is a cube shape and therfore you can stack one on top of each other without much effort.
If you try to stack 3 Xboxs on top of each other then all you can get is a broken back, and the leaning black tower of pisa with a helipad at the top of it.
Wed 06/11/02 at 16:13
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Are you always this stupid, or are you making a special effort today?
Wed 06/11/02 at 16:14
Regular
"Touched!"
Tóm wrote:
> Are you always this stupid, or are you making a special effort today?

Its his birthday
Wed 06/11/02 at 16:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Evidently if you stacked multiple GCs on top of each other, you wouldn't be able to use them. The CD tray and all the butons are on the top...
Wed 06/11/02 at 16:46
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Evidently if you stacked multiple GCs on top of each other, you
> wouldn't be able to use them. The CD tray and all the butons are on
> the top...

Yea, well there we have it. GC controls on top, and a "cheaper style" top loading drive. Don't believe me? Then why do all high end drives on HIFI have front loading trays? GC drive will be more prone to dust + finger marks as a result. PS2 has the best system. Flat top with controls on front, and a front tray loading drive.
Wed 06/11/02 at 16:50
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Dave RJR wrote:
PS2 has the best system.
> Flat top with controls on front, and a front tray loading drive.

And very small from front to back so whatever you do place on it rocks backwards and forwards...
Wed 06/11/02 at 16:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dave RJR wrote:
> things about power buttons.

But the PS2 power button is in a ridiculous place.
Wed 06/11/02 at 16:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It doesn't suck

I just think the PS2 would be a better choice for my Christmas prezzie
Wed 06/11/02 at 16:57
Regular
Nintendo are a quality manufacturer they would never never use cheap parts and technology like top loading cd drives, dolby pro logic2, high speed serial ports.

Pause

Maybe they spent so much money developing the rubbish 1.5gig disc that they had no money left for a front loading cd drive or they did have enough money left but they thought they would pocket the difference. ANOTHER NINTY RIP-OFF.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.