GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is this good? (Resident Evil related)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil'.
Wed 06/11/02 at 22:30
Regular
With Resident Evil, I don't care about completing it in record time or doing whole chunks without saving, I just wanna get it over and out of the way. Anyway, is it good that I'm on my 23rd save and have only just com up to the first hunter?
Thu 07/11/02 at 19:08
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Resident Evil is rubbish. I don't need to explain why, you all should
> know.

yes you do, why is it rubbish?

and, its your opinion, and not of everyones.
lol

i like the resi games, but i think they are becoming dated, except for the new ones, 0 and 4

Eternal Darkness is more enthralling and in depth though
Thu 07/11/02 at 17:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I completed it first time ever with about 20 saves. Then about 8 with Chris. Now I am gonna go for about 3/4 on normal for Jill.........
Thu 07/11/02 at 17:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Resident Evil is rubbish. I don't need to explain why, you all should know.
Thu 07/11/02 at 10:36
Regular
i hate that mode!
the hunters are a real pain!!

tell you what i ate more though, when that stupid zombie strapped with C4 follows you about, you cant shoot it, you cant run into it!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Thu 07/11/02 at 10:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I remember when i played through it on the PS1. I completed the game with 26 saves.

So erm...23 at the first hunter is a little overkill.
Thu 07/11/02 at 10:34
Regular
you wont run out

there are plenty of saves to use!

i have now done it in under 2 and a half hours, with both Jill and Chris.
i have real survivor mode and once again aswell.

if anyone wants these saves i can do a copying service, just as long as you pay the postage both ways

interested, then post here or mail me at [email protected]
Thu 07/11/02 at 09:57
"Wa-wa-west"
I managed to complete the game on hard mode in 2 hours 7 minutes with only one save :-) but that was only after unlocking everything beforehand.
On with Invisible Enemy Mode!!!
Thu 07/11/02 at 05:10
Regular
23 saves and at the first hunter is bad.

If I were you I'd start playing a little longer inbetween saves, or you may run out.
Thu 07/11/02 at 01:35
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
rabid wrote:

Do you mean faster relflexes to shoot etc? i mean do the zombies move faster against Chris than against Jill?
----------

Well, Zombies come through doors now. Hunters too. Hunters also do other stuff (which I won't say). And the Crimsons, they make you run, regardless of if you don't want to.

The Enemies don't move any faster for a particular character though.
Thu 07/11/02 at 01:13
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Previously i'd completed the PS1 of RE and DC versions of CV and Nemesis, i found it alot harder with Chris in the original on the PS1 than with Jill. Do you mean faster relflexes to shoot etc? i mean do the zombies move faster against Chris than against Jill?

Im heading for a finished time of around 13 hours if i carry on at the speed im playing, im not in any particular hurry to finish it, i remember how dissapointed i was after i completed RE on the PS1... not dissapointed in the game, just dissapointed it was over, it was an awesome experience right to the end.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.