GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WrestleMania 18"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/03/02 at 13:19
Regular
So, what did you guys thing of last nights event???
Wed 20/03/02 at 09:04
Regular
"..."
Dunno where you got your figures from, but Ric Flair won the WCW Heavyweight title NINE times, and I remember most of them :S
Tue 19/03/02 at 20:07
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
$h@ne0 wrote:
> How can you say that Flair is not respectable? 16 NWA title, 2 WWF titles and 6
> WCW titles? How the hell can he NOT be respectable? Sure, his WWF status stinks,
> if that's what you mean :0) Flair should retire - he's broken his back once, he
> should stop before he does it again, as he's getting older, and hence more
> vulnerable.

You shouldn't teach old men new tricks :0)

Shouldn't that be dogs?

Oh I see what you did there ;0)

Heh, I'm so funny

(Where's my ego when you need him)

As for Flair, yep he's respected just the thing is that the older stars who have come back are 1, not as good as they was and are past their prime. 2, not up to the new stlye of quicker more action oriantated wrestling that it is nowadays.

While were on the point, looks as though Shawn Michaels wont be returning to the ring anytime soon as he has hurt his back again and dosn't want to risk damaging it some more. He hasn't been training as much as he used to and it will apparently be hard for him to get back up to full stregnth. He may however return in spokesperson form.
Tue 19/03/02 at 20:01
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
$h@ne0 wrote:
No, I'm quite sure I mean Rock. Observe: Look at his PPV record, it's
> pretty damn good, and look at how many title reigns he has had in such a short
> time!

Yeah fair enough he's had a lot of title wins but lets face it none of them were for as long as most peoples reigns (barring one or two that is) For instance Kane won the title at KOTR 98 off Austin in a first blood match and lost it back the next night on Raw, it still makes Kane a one time champion. The same thing happened between Austin and Kurt last year.

Then your knowledge is pretty bad. At Wrestlemania 13, he defeated
> The Sultan for the Intercontinental Title, actually.

Believe it or not that's one of the few Wrestlemanias I have never seen. Still 2 out of 6 aint as good as Austins or Undertakers record.

But Hogan probably had little or no say in
> it, it was the story-writers!

Yeah but I think Hogan liked the idea and agreed to it.

Me too. I hate the Rock's attitude at the moment, it's just too
> kiddie-like. I expect Hogan to turn on Rock soon though, maybe sparking out the
> bad boy in Rock.

Sounds good to me.

Come on Rock, turn heel, go on a mean streak like you used to! Remember the Rock Foley fued of around Royal Rumble 99? Class.
Tue 19/03/02 at 17:26
How can you say that Flair is not respectable? 16 NWA title, 2 WWF titles and 6 WCW titles? How the hell can he NOT be respectable? Sure, his WWF status stinks, if that's what you mean :0) Flair should retire - he's broken his back once, he should stop before he does it again, as he's getting older, and hence more vulnerable.

You shouldn't teach old men new tricks :0)
Tue 19/03/02 at 17:11
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ric vs Taker was POOR.

Very poor in fact, and I don't see how many people could like it.

I was pleased to see Taker keep his unbeaten run at Wrestlemania going, because I want someone respectable, unlike Flair to beat him for it.
Tue 19/03/02 at 17:11
Starlights Ego wrote:
> What do you mean Rock always wins? Don't you mean Austin?

No, I'm quite sure I mean Rock. Observe: Look at his PPV record, it's pretty damn good, and look at how many title reigns he has had in such a short time!

To my knowledge
> that was the Rock's first ever Wrestlemania voctory.

Then your knowledge is pretty bad. At Wrestlemania 13, he defeated The Sultan for the Intercontinental Title, actually.

Plus he won to pass the
> torch of whos the biggest Icon over. See, Hogan does care about someone apart
> from himself.

But Hogan probably had little or no say in it, it was the story-writers!

Still want Rock to turn heel, I was practically begging him to
> Rock Bottom Hogan after they cleared the nWo of the ring.

Me too. I hate the Rock's attitude at the moment, it's just too kiddie-like. I expect Hogan to turn on Rock soon though, maybe sparking out the bad boy in Rock.

"Are you on drugs!?!? :D"

Quite sure I'm not, firstly :0)

"While Taker vs Flair was utterly awful (I could count the amount of moves used on one hand), Booker vs Edge was surprisingly excellent. Fast-paced and full of action, I was just annoyed that Edge got a clean victory."

I will agree to disagree that Flair .vs. Taker was a stinker to begin with, but I was really captivated by it by the end, probably because of the exciting ending, I dunno.

Secondly, Edge .vs. Booker was Ok, but it would have been far better if it was long enough to build up any tension before the fast end.
Tue 19/03/02 at 17:02
Regular
"I like cheese"
$h@ne0 wrote:
Taker .vs. Flair was my favourite match of the night, Booker .vs. Edge was an utter
> stinker

Are you on drugs!?!? :D

While Taker vs Flair was utterly awful (I could count the amount of moves used on one hand), Booker vs Edge was surprisingly excellent. Fast-paced and full of action, I was just annoyed that Edge got a clean victory.
Tue 19/03/02 at 12:05
Regular
"I'm you + 1!"
What do you mean Rock always wins? Don't you mean Austin?

To my knowledge that was the Rock's first ever Wrestlemania voctory.

Plus he won to pass the torch of whos the biggest Icon over. See, Hogan does care about someone apart from himself.

Still want Rock to turn heel, I was practically begging him to Rock Bottom Hogan after they cleared the nWo of the ring.
Tue 19/03/02 at 07:24
RVD .vs. Regal was far too short, as was Christian .vs. DDP, but they were both matches of reasonable quality. Goldust .vs. Maven was an utter stinker, but I think that this was because they made it very short for the comical value. I enjoyed the Hardcore Title skit, but thought that in-between matches, we were seeing nothing but that damn title changing, and it became predictable. I enjoyedm the performances from Saliva and Drowning Pool though, very good. Taker .vs. Flair was my favourite match of the night, Booker .vs. Edge was an utter stinker, as was Stone Cold .vs. Hall. When you put into account how long the match was (a feeble 9 minutes), it was good, but it should have been far longer, at least 5 minutes longer, at LEAST! Tag Team 4 Way was hectic, but Ok, nothing amazing or out of the ordinary. Hogan .vs. Rock was also brilliant, coming joint in first place for my 'Match of the night' award. I loved the boos that Rock recieved and the cheers that Hogan got - it was like a twilight zone, and when he began hulking up when Rock punched him, it was amazing, and it's moments like that which make me proud to be a WWF fan. I was angry to see Rock lose, because Hogan is a far bigger icon than Rock, and in my opinion, we are just seeing Rock winning every match he's in, and it's boring. I was pleased to see the sportsmanship at the end with Hogan though. Weird, because if someone drove a large truck into me, I wouldn't shake their hand in a hurry. Anyone else smell an NWO trick? The Women's Title was fast paced and decent, and the fact that Trish wore a nice little Canada outfit doesn't influence me one bit :0) Finally, I thought that the Main Event was terrible. Full of Stephanie screaming, HHH clutching his leg and referees getting pushed over - not my idea of a decent match really. I was happy to see The Game win, but I think it would have been better if he won the title, but still went out on a stretcher, in a controversial finish, it would have ruled! This was an excellent event, and probably my favourite of all time (just beating WM17), but there are a lot of places where they can clean up.
Tue 19/03/02 at 01:55
Regular
"That's right!"
As much as we'd all like him to, the Rock won't turn heel

Why?

Because when he's popular, he gets more film deals, and the WWF get a percentage of his earnings, so they're gonna keep him as popular as possible, probably up until he leaves

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.