GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A morale message on gaming inside."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/10/00 at 20:47
Regular
Anyway, gaming eh? It's a funny thing. About half a year ago, I was PSX mad! I hated every other console. I came on here, and voiced my opinion. I was wrong. People slated me for it, and I can see why. Nowadays, I am still a PSX and PS2 fan! I love my PSX! But I now know that you should try not to say your console is the best, because it might not be. Also, what's the point? We all have opinions right? Ok, the Gamecube and the PS2 and X-Box and Dreamcast will be a load better than my ageing PSX, but I'll still play it! When I have a PS2 and a Dreamcast or a Gamecube (not sure what to get yet) , I'll still have time for my PSX, even though it hasn't got the capabilities of the others. Does anyone here still play their Mega Drive or Atari or Super Nintendo?? Probably not. You probably think I'm sad now. But I do know people who still play on consoles that are a lot worse than today's consoles. And that's why I don't see the point of arguing over who's console is best, at least not until there all out anyway. I admit, I used to say things like "PSX is the greatest!" and "everything else is rubbish!" But now I find it really annoying and childish when people do that. So let's not argue over who's console is best. BECAUSE IT'S PRETTY DAMN G*Y!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, I was just sick of not shouting and swearing for once in a while. I'm babbling aren't I? (Yes you are) Oh no, I'm turning into Grix Thraves, my brain is talking to me!!! I'll shut up now, and leave everyone in peace.
Thanks for reading, Ant.
PS Is it me, or does that Spiderman advert here look rude????
*Godammit, that was the worst message I ever wrote. Bol**cks.*
Mon 09/10/00 at 21:23
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I've always gone under some kind of shelter, e.g. my home when it starts to thunder, it's not very clever to stand in the middle of nowhere with an unbrella, you might do, and a famous guy that found out about electricity did, but it was a kite with a key, but I won't go into that, not clever, don't do it, but it's funny on cartoons.
ANT every letter you have written in the last two days has ben annoying me, I hope you finally calm down, I read the last one and you said you would stop, I guess only time will tell.
Sat 07/10/00 at 22:00
It works both ways though... observe:
The weather begins to get thundery and lightnig is seen. The umbrella has a metal tip and we all know what a lightning conductor does... The man with the umbrella is fried and the man in the shorts gets away to safety (probably under a tree... some people never learn).
On the subject of getting people's opinions, you may find that the opinion of several people each with biased views over their own console can be very useful in deciding which to get. They will put down other consoles but they will tell you why they like their one too... and remember that when you get your console it is likely you will soon inherit a similar bias towards it. So bias has it's uses, if someone feels strongly about something, they'll tell you and through this you can understand why they feel as strongly about the things as they do. Thus you get some useful information for your decision... Of course you can always get the basic facts too but all facts and no feeling may not be as useful!
Sat 07/10/00 at 21:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
Very, very, very funny Foggie. I know someone who is biased, no names though.
Sat 07/10/00 at 18:48
Regular
This isn't supposed to be metaphorically, but I never wear shorts. I just hate them.
Humm.
My brain has been telling me to drink tea all day, hasn't said much else today. What's up brain?
Don't feel like talking eh?
Ah well, he's sulking over something. Anyway, the weather report is supposed to be a intelligent view of a magazine, perhaps Edge, apparently not very biased, and on the internet www.ign.com, very good all round site, with different sections for each console. Updated every day expect sunday. I just don't look for Gamecube, N64, and Dreamcast news mind, I look for Playstation 1 + 2, and XBox too. I would be interested in XBox, but I hate Bill Gates for monopolising the market. I hope he won't mess up our world.
Sat 07/10/00 at 17:02
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
nice dicection, but if your weather report just happened to be a biased person pretending to be unbiased, I will say no names, but you might think that he knows what he's talking about and go with his idea, but then think about his singleminded ideas and think how wrong he was, but it's too late he already made you wear the shorts.
Sat 07/10/00 at 15:59
Regular
The sunny morning - The biased info.
The weather report - The dedicated info / not biased.
The umbrella - The "best" console.
The shorts - What do you think?

However, the best and worst may be of different aspect to different people.
Instead of listening to proproganda, and advertisement, its about time everybody had the choice of making their own minds up, with the help and guidence of those who know the truth, and will have no gain of convincing you to buy the console.

I think everyone, except those who brought it, has a pre concepted view of the Dreamcast. I, for one, had, and it was mainly because of television, *offical* magazines for systems, and others, who had been simularly brainwashed.
The Dreamcast was dead on arrival, basically. But, the thing is, although people expect it to be dead, it really isn't, and instead of hiding behind your PS or N64, embrace it, and actualy make your own judgement, instead of listening to the propoganda puked out by society and the other makers.

I'm not saying that your console is not the best, I'm just saying that you are not giving the others a chance.
(This is not aimed at anyone.)
Sat 07/10/00 at 15:51
yeah i get your pint already! but don't foget nothings perfect, so your umbrella might have holes in it, so your shoulder gets a little damp.
Sat 07/10/00 at 15:50
OK Grix I read it, and I still think the same thing, if the info you read is biased then you might not get the right results
What if the weather station was called sunny days and every day they say, "well once again you are lucky to hear you have sun, sun and more sun all day"
and you heard that and thought "sounds good to me" and left your house in shorts, it starts to rain and because you listened to the biased info you are left in the rain and are dissapointed with your dessission, it might be clothes, but if you want games then yes you have to read eveyone's thoughts as long as they speak the truth and have tested everything else out then you will get a fair deal.
Sat 07/10/00 at 15:50
Regular
Is the man who wears shorts biased? One minded? Or is he just misguided?
Does he judge the whole day on the performance of the morning? Yes.
Does this affect him later? Yes.

The man with the umbrella, he is prepared to be rained on, he has read everything, and he knows he is right. Which he proves to be.
Does making a small difference affect the whole outcome? It seems so.

Understand now?
Sat 07/10/00 at 15:45
again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.