GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A morale message on gaming inside."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/10/00 at 20:47
Regular
Anyway, gaming eh? It's a funny thing. About half a year ago, I was PSX mad! I hated every other console. I came on here, and voiced my opinion. I was wrong. People slated me for it, and I can see why. Nowadays, I am still a PSX and PS2 fan! I love my PSX! But I now know that you should try not to say your console is the best, because it might not be. Also, what's the point? We all have opinions right? Ok, the Gamecube and the PS2 and X-Box and Dreamcast will be a load better than my ageing PSX, but I'll still play it! When I have a PS2 and a Dreamcast or a Gamecube (not sure what to get yet) , I'll still have time for my PSX, even though it hasn't got the capabilities of the others. Does anyone here still play their Mega Drive or Atari or Super Nintendo?? Probably not. You probably think I'm sad now. But I do know people who still play on consoles that are a lot worse than today's consoles. And that's why I don't see the point of arguing over who's console is best, at least not until there all out anyway. I admit, I used to say things like "PSX is the greatest!" and "everything else is rubbish!" But now I find it really annoying and childish when people do that. So let's not argue over who's console is best. BECAUSE IT'S PRETTY DAMN G*Y!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, I was just sick of not shouting and swearing for once in a while. I'm babbling aren't I? (Yes you are) Oh no, I'm turning into Grix Thraves, my brain is talking to me!!! I'll shut up now, and leave everyone in peace.
Thanks for reading, Ant.
PS Is it me, or does that Spiderman advert here look rude????
*Godammit, that was the worst message I ever wrote. Bol**cks.*
Thu 05/10/00 at 20:47
Regular
"I like cheese"
Anyway, gaming eh? It's a funny thing. About half a year ago, I was PSX mad! I hated every other console. I came on here, and voiced my opinion. I was wrong. People slated me for it, and I can see why. Nowadays, I am still a PSX and PS2 fan! I love my PSX! But I now know that you should try not to say your console is the best, because it might not be. Also, what's the point? We all have opinions right? Ok, the Gamecube and the PS2 and X-Box and Dreamcast will be a load better than my ageing PSX, but I'll still play it! When I have a PS2 and a Dreamcast or a Gamecube (not sure what to get yet) , I'll still have time for my PSX, even though it hasn't got the capabilities of the others. Does anyone here still play their Mega Drive or Atari or Super Nintendo?? Probably not. You probably think I'm sad now. But I do know people who still play on consoles that are a lot worse than today's consoles. And that's why I don't see the point of arguing over who's console is best, at least not until there all out anyway. I admit, I used to say things like "PSX is the greatest!" and "everything else is rubbish!" But now I find it really annoying and childish when people do that. So let's not argue over who's console is best. BECAUSE IT'S PRETTY DAMN G*Y!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, I was just sick of not shouting and swearing for once in a while. I'm babbling aren't I? (Yes you are) Oh no, I'm turning into Grix Thraves, my brain is talking to me!!! I'll shut up now, and leave everyone in peace.
Thanks for reading, Ant.
PS Is it me, or does that Spiderman advert here look rude????
*Godammit, that was the worst message I ever wrote. Bol**cks.*
Thu 05/10/00 at 21:00
Regular
"I like cheese"
HOLBY CITY HAS FINSIHED!!!YAY!!!! LET'S CELEBRATE WITH DINNER AND DANCE!!!
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Thu 05/10/00 at 21:08
Every point is valid, and if you say biased things then if people reply with fair comments telling you why you were a little wrong then that could open your mind maybe, but if your starting a new leaf, I hope it's a good one, teach it to your children. Bring consoles into your life.
Thu 05/10/00 at 21:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
I most certainly will and already have done. The consoles bit, not the kids bit, I mean.
Thu 05/10/00 at 21:23
It's sometimes boring just watching a meaningless fight which can't be resolved, and it looses the whole point of this site and the discussion forums. But maybe your to young for kids.
Thu 05/10/00 at 22:16
Regular
But I thought that was the whole point of us being here? To have pointless and continueous arguments over anything!
My life has been one great big pointless arguement, (Yeah, with me...), humm, I mean, thinking, and coming up with ideas and decisions. Otherwise, I would never buy anything. Or I would buy everything.
Am I babbling now? (Yep.) Damn.
Lets rephrase it. If I didn't argue and moan about other things, there would be no competition, and everyone would be a brain dead zombie, buying whatever they saw first. The whole point of us being here, is to show people what console is the best, to prove our points, to argue over it, and to have a laugh on the way. Make sense now? (Beginning to... keep going...)
If there was no arguement, then everone would buy the same console, eat the same food, breathe the same air, (Thats like a saying, I suppose.) and watch the same programmes on tv. Strangely enough, we are all different, and we all prefer different things.
So we are here to show people what we think is right, not to make childish remarks and make up stupid names for other consoles. (Amen brother...)
But it does make a difference, when I came on here, like many others, I was very biased, and thought that the N64 was without a doubt the best console on the market and I thought the Dreamcast was dead. I know many people on here still think this, and others think the same about Playstation and others.
Now? I don't think I am biased, I will be buying a Dreamcast for Christmas, and I know that some of the best games ever made have appeared on the Playstation.

So what will happen in the future?
That is for us, and only us, to decide.

(Got it out in the end...)
Fri 06/10/00 at 13:19
Hmm my brain hurts (BRAIN:Damnit i'll kill you! ergh, get me some syrup. NEED OXYGEN). Still with him out of the picture, i can say whatever i want! I thought we did breathe the same air? unless you mean the exact same air, in which case people will eventually be breathing air that is about 98% Carbon Dioxide right? Anyway, i don't think that if we stopped discussing things here it would make everyone into mindless Zombies, but i think i get the point (there was one?). I like my console and i chose it over the other consoles available, i don't regret that choice because it was my choice. Something like that eh Grix? I don't think we can decide what will happen in the future, only try to guide it. What if a big asteroid hits the earth? or we're pulled into the sun? I wouldn't choose that. Now i'm just being picky aint i? (Yip) Well i don't care (yes i do) no i don't (yes i do) NO I DON'T! (YES I DO)... and so forth
Fri 06/10/00 at 13:21
Oh i did wonder what Spiderman advert you were talking about... just saw it, i don't see what's wrong...... Oh now i see, you shouldn't be thinking things like that. (Why not?)
Fri 06/10/00 at 21:54
Regular
It's not supporting your console that's wrong, it's not being a little bit biased thats wrong.
It's being so biased that you never listen to other peoples arguements properly and you start making up stupid opinions like:
"FF7 has better gameplay than any Worms game..."
(Yes, FF7 is a great game but not due to overwhelming gameplay!)

"Tomorrow Never Dies is better than Goldeneye!"
(So many people know that this is a load of bull that only the stupidest and most biased of "anti-N64" zealots even think about it!)

And: "Gameboy Advance is better than Greystation, Official Nintedo mag said so!"
(The official Nintendo mag is great for coverage abd info but has such stupidly biased opinions it even calls the playstation Greystation! Even if the GBA has 1 or 2 chips more powerful than the PS equivilents, the playstation is still more powerful and the GBA, even though t's still brilliant, can't do proper 3D).

A tiny bias is acceptable up to a point but as you can see, it often gets way out of hand!
Fri 06/10/00 at 22:07
Regular
Imagine a man. Yes, a man. He is standing in the rain, he takes out an umbrella, opens it, and puts it over his head.

Why does he do this? The man brought an umbrella with him today, because he checked the weather, read all the facts, analysed it, and decided it was going to rain, and he opened the umbrella, because he didn't want to get wet.

There is a man standing next to him. He is wearing shorts. The man wearing shorts is displeased because he is getting wet.

The man who decided to bring the umbrella with him, checked all the facts before he decided to bring the umbrella, and made the right decision.

The man in shorts decided to wear the shorts without checking any facts, or any information. The man without shorts seems silly now, as he came to a rushed decision, and wore shorts, as it was sunny in the morning.

Even though we are all different, there is always the best solution, and there is the worst solution.

I wonder if anyone understands this?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.