GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doom 3 Demo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Thu 07/11/02 at 13:32
Regular
Sure you've all read about the unofficial leaked demo; it can be downloaded (all 360mb of it) at

http://www.novaesleite.brturbo.com/Doug/Files/doom_iii.rar

you will need to read & print instructions at

http://users.adelphia.net/~nrgonline/doom3/

first though to get it to work properly, frame rate is terrible 17fps with XP2200 and Radeon 9700 ! it hasn't been optimized yet - hope the official demo comes along soon.

Enjoy !
Wed 13/11/02 at 16:39
"High polygon count"
Just tried installing - opened the archive in WinRAR and got "unexpected end of archive".

Anyone else had this? The file is the right size - 364MB.
Wed 13/11/02 at 15:42
"High polygon count"
Mr H wrote:
> Wookie, you downloaded it yet ?, I got a steady 5.7 on my NTL
> connection, still took ages though. If you've not got it, send your
> details to [email protected] and I will put a CD in the post
> on Monday

Yeah, I got it eventually, thanks - haven't installed it yet, though.

My connection did eventually speed up - tooak around 11.5 hours in total! That's ridiculous, considering I once got a 280MB file in an hour!
Wed 13/11/02 at 15:36
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I'll download WINRAR tonight and let you know, imagine having to download it for a second time ! what punishment.
Wed 13/11/02 at 15:10
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Mr H wrote:
had problem getting the .rar decompressed,
> which program are you using ?

The almighty WinRAR. :)

Mind you, it might well be that the file is corrupted. (Although considering it's vast size, let's hope not. ;) )
Wed 13/11/02 at 11:21
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Albert I finished downloading on Saturday and only got a chance to give it a go last night, had problem getting the .rar decompressed, which program are you using ?

Cheers
Tue 12/11/02 at 21:09
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Woo-hoo! I love this game!

Finally finished downloading it Sunday evening, and had a quick 5-minute bash at it, needless to say it ran like a limbless dog.

Any-who, I was determined to get the biatch running smoothly this evening and I'd say I pretty much achieved it!

Overclocked me old Duron 750 to 825mhz and the Geforce2 MX (don't laugh) to 220mhz (gpu) and 205mhz (memory). Then, went into the game, loaded the second E3 level, ramped EVERYTHING down (640x480, 16 bit, shadows off, bump mapping off, etc) and got...40 FRAMES PER SECOND!

Well, I am bending the truth a little I guess. That's when I'm walknig along a corridor, staring at the wall. :D
Still, even against, for example, the beast that comes out of the pipes, I'm still 10fps (which is smoother than most think).

Then, the strangest thing happened, I stuck up all the detail settings again, kept it in 640x480, and it seemed to run even smoother than before!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm just off to stick me ol' Duron in the freezer. :D
Sun 10/11/02 at 08:18
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Wookie, you downloaded it yet ?, I got a steady 5.7 on my NTL connection, still took ages though. If you've not got it, send your details to [email protected] and I will put a CD in the post on Monday
Sat 09/11/02 at 12:14
Regular
it was ATI...... the guys who made it will 'sort' them out but i dont think warezing a alpha game is worth it nor nice.
Sat 09/11/02 at 10:22
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
2.85k on your BROADBAND connection Wook? LOL! Getting a steady 3.1k on my 56k con. :D
Been connected to the net since about 9 last night, left the computer on throughout the night, and it still hasn't disconnected! And who said AOL were rubbish??

134mb done so far. :D
Fri 08/11/02 at 01:19
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Wookie, I know what you mean, anyone else know a faster download site ?
I have only downloaded about 40 megs !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.