GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do people..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/03/02 at 11:10
Regular
Dear Special Reserve forum participants,

I'm writing to enquire as to the reason that many people actually 'sign' their posts.

Sonic does it, Ant does it occasionally, as do a number of others. You know what I mean - they just put their name at the bottom of the post.

I'm not moaning about it, I'm just curious. Your name is clearly displayed at the top-left of your post, so why repeat it at the bottom? Is it just to get that extra notch on your word count, or something else?

After all, it's not like you're writing a letter or anything like that.

Anyway, thank you for your assistance in this matter, and I look forward to receiving a reply in the near future.

Yours faithfully,

Wookiee Monster.
Mon 18/03/02 at 23:36
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
well i always wondered this but put it down to them running a crap res that they have to scroll sideways to read the names :)

i used to have a thing for muffins and say other cack but stopped cause it's well sad really, i don't mind them writing there name at the end it's cacky little phrases.
Mon 18/03/02 at 22:27
Regular
Ice Blaster wrote:
> Mystique wrote:
> I just find it annoying.

Thats rich coming from you!

Erm,do I sign every single post?
Gee let me think..hmmm no!
Mon 18/03/02 at 22:18
Regular
"That's right!"
Indeed
Mon 18/03/02 at 21:56
"slightlyshortertagl"
Crazy
Mon 18/03/02 at 21:55
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Well I quite often finish a post with "Crazy" to show that I believe
> it's crazy. Or "do you see?"

Do you see?

---

Not after what you did to my pineapples!
Mon 18/03/02 at 21:54
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Stryke wrote:
> heh, bitchy thread! Feel the chi, people. Sing Kum Bay Ah. Whatever floats your
> boat.

Ok.... Just take the tube and you'll be fine

*runs for the tenth time today*
Mon 18/03/02 at 21:54
Regular
"WWJD"
I think that it makes the post looks better more official.

Longy
Mon 18/03/02 at 21:53
Regular
"That's right!"
Well I quite often finish a post with "Crazy" to show that I believe it's crazy. Or "do you see?"

Do you see?
Mon 18/03/02 at 21:51
Regular
heh, bitchy thread! Feel the chi, people. Sing Kum Bay Ah. Whatever floats your boat.
Mon 18/03/02 at 21:51
i dont. never have, hopefully never will.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.