GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Simpsons"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Simpsons Game'.
Thu 15/11/07 at 18:04
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Anyone else finding this pathetically easy? Ive now played it on two different consoles, and on both completed it in less than 3 hours game time! I feel robbed of my 45 quid! Even the collectables are too easy to find!

When I hand over my money I expect to get some longevity in the first instance, a quality game (fair enough here, it was fun while it lasted) and decent replay value, which is poorly lacking here as in the first run in most levels I got all the bits and pieces without even trying!

Now Im not the best at completing games 100%, never was, but this was just daft! Some levels literally took seconds to get through! SECONDS! Thats not just short changing, thats downright robbery!

It had it funny moments, it had recognition of familiar faces and scenarios in abundance, but it all happened so on top of each other that it never really felt you were playing a game. It was just walk into level, punch a few things, listen to comic book guy, punch a few more things, change character, punch a few things again, beat the crap out of pathetic boss, end of level. Cue cut scene.

I wanted more, much much more than a beat em up with some pretty cut scenes.
Thu 15/11/07 at 23:44
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I hate arguing with you
Thu 15/11/07 at 23:42
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
except they wont. because the simpsons isnt to them what it is to us, theyre into their yu gi oh and high school musical, not the simpsons!
Thu 15/11/07 at 23:40
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Because fools like you will buy it for them ;)
Thu 15/11/07 at 23:38
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
im complaining because its not 9 year old kids that are gonna go and buy the game, the simpsons isnt their era, its ours. most people at the film were 20+ and the people who have the money to buy the game are 20+. no one under 12 can even buy the game because of its teen rating, so why aim it at the preteens when they cant even buy it!
Thu 15/11/07 at 23:36
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I dont see what you're complaining about then. He acheived something for once. Still i dont see why you didnt just rent instead.
Thu 15/11/07 at 23:33
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
because his mum is always moaning at me that she buys him games and hes so crap at them that he never gets past the first level of anything so has to buy him more to keep him entertained
Thu 15/11/07 at 23:20
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Oh and how do you know he's useless at games?

You destroyed him at Streetfighter didnt you? O_o
Thu 15/11/07 at 23:17
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Its a scientific fact that kids like easy games so unless the 9 year old walked off in a huff saying "Piece of p**s, not touching it again" i'd say it did its job.
Thu 15/11/07 at 23:06
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
even kids are finding it ridiculously easy though, i have a 9 year old who is rubbish at most games having a go at it and he even got to the creator level!

way way way too easy
Thu 15/11/07 at 19:10
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I have to ask. What did you expect? It's a Simpsons game, it's made for kids and it's going to be easy. High profile games arent made for the hard-core gamer anymore. You should have rented.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.