GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Simpsons"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Simpsons Game'.
Thu 15/11/07 at 18:04
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Anyone else finding this pathetically easy? Ive now played it on two different consoles, and on both completed it in less than 3 hours game time! I feel robbed of my 45 quid! Even the collectables are too easy to find!

When I hand over my money I expect to get some longevity in the first instance, a quality game (fair enough here, it was fun while it lasted) and decent replay value, which is poorly lacking here as in the first run in most levels I got all the bits and pieces without even trying!

Now Im not the best at completing games 100%, never was, but this was just daft! Some levels literally took seconds to get through! SECONDS! Thats not just short changing, thats downright robbery!

It had it funny moments, it had recognition of familiar faces and scenarios in abundance, but it all happened so on top of each other that it never really felt you were playing a game. It was just walk into level, punch a few things, listen to comic book guy, punch a few more things, change character, punch a few things again, beat the crap out of pathetic boss, end of level. Cue cut scene.

I wanted more, much much more than a beat em up with some pretty cut scenes.
Sat 17/11/07 at 17:43
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Really? :( I might as well give in then. Sure you dont want to let me win one?
Sat 17/11/07 at 17:39
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
yes i am, you know i am haha
Fri 16/11/07 at 22:42
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Well you're not going to win this one!
Fri 16/11/07 at 20:22
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
eh who are you oilers? we ALWAYS fight over everything, its what we do :D

we argue, it goes on and on, i win, it wouldnt be normal if we didnt do that!
Fri 16/11/07 at 18:11
Regular
"Monochromatic"
trish wrote:
> afraid not, most of our generations kids would be toddlers, so
> given the teen rating it isnt aimed at them

It's aimed at them by default. Its a cartoon, it's colourful, it's inoffensive.
Fri 16/11/07 at 15:25
Regular
"hey hey hey im back"
Nin wrote:
> I have to ask. What did you expect? It's a Simpsons game, it's
> made for kids and it's going to be easy. High profile games
> arent made for the hard-core gamer anymore. You should have
> rented.
> NIN and TRISH stop fighting about the games ok its driving crazy ok so stop PLEASE just stop fighting will you do that for us ok NIN and TRISH. Thank you. BYE BYE people.
Fri 16/11/07 at 14:15
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Damn you!
* Shakes fist *
Fri 16/11/07 at 10:49
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
afraid not, most of our generations kids would be toddlers, so given the teen rating it isnt aimed at them
Thu 15/11/07 at 23:51
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I dont think they marketed wrong at all. The Simpsons generation have grown up and have kids who will play this as well. It's hitting both markets, until you play it and realise its a kids game.

Did i win?
Thu 15/11/07 at 23:46
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
theyve completely aimed it at the wrong market, its like they forgot the people that have always watched the programme grew up! everyone in work is getting their kids christmas lists together, and guess what, not one of them wants the simpsons!

they seriously got it wrong in who they aimed it at, no wonder its falling down the charts already, itll never hit no.1 here after a week the ds version is down at 7 already!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.