GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why is Gamecube always last?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/11/02 at 19:32
Regular
Nearly everytime a milti-console game is released, Gamecube gets it last. Like Ghost Recon: its coming out late November for the Xbox and on the
6th December for the PS2, but apparantly its not coming out until
31st January 2003 for the Gcube.What's happening? Can somebody please explain to me why games companies are releasing games last for the 'Cube.
Even Hitman 2 is not coming out until early Spring.

(Is it true that GTA: Vice City is coming for the Xbox? Bet it's not coming out for the Gamecube.)

Many of you will say, ah, but the GCs got Super Mario Sunshine. Yes, and its amazing but its the companies who promise a milti-console game and us GC fanatics don't get it until the game has come, conquered and gone.
Sat 09/11/02 at 21:36
Regular
The only reason I'd want GTA on the GC is that it would boost sales.

Don't want it myself though.
Sat 09/11/02 at 21:15
Regular
But GTA: Vice City is.
Fri 08/11/02 at 20:35
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I have GTA3.
It's not as good as everyone says.
Fri 08/11/02 at 20:31
Regular
Asher D wrote:
> I think the comments about GTA are very shallow. Have you ever tried a
> proper session on it?

I completely agree, Asher D. I think some people on here are just bitter that the GameCube doesn't have such a great game. It's not all about killing (even though it's surprisingly fun) - it's about freedom and fun.

It's one of the best games ever.
Fri 08/11/02 at 17:43
Regular
No, it's the other way round.

Go round mates, start a new game, play through some missions, get bored, run around killing things. Then that gets boring, and then you play something else.
Fri 08/11/02 at 17:34
Regular
I think the comments about GTA are very shallow. Have you ever tried a proper session on it?
Okay, you go round your mates house and muck around, and it gets boring. So then you do missions to make it more fun, and occasionally venture off to be evil again. Then, missions all done, you have other challenges, or can explore.

GTA 3 is the best game ever, bar none. Well maybe Vice City.
Fri 08/11/02 at 17:27
Regular
GTA is is novel, then it wears off.

It's a great game to go round your mates and play on, but worthless to own.

Having said that however, Vice City is supposed to include a lot more things isn't it? Like going in buildings and stuff, might make it more of an interesting game to play.

Still, if its any good I can just get a superior version on my PC later.
Fri 08/11/02 at 16:54
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> I concur exactly.
>
> Mrio Sunshine.....or a souped up GTA3?
>
> Hmmmmm.............fun....or ugly pointless killing..........let me
> see........not hard.

GTA is a wicked game... sooo jealous the gamecube doesnt have it.
Fri 08/11/02 at 16:53
Regular
Alcofrolic wrote:
> my theory is (for timespliters at least)
>
> you wait for games because they will be better on the cube than on
> other formats!
>
> like all reviews have said timesplitters 2 is best on GC than any
> other console!

Nope... The gamecube game was delayed because Nintendo take longer to produce the games... that is why Splitters was delayed on the gamecube... question is is it better?

Yep the control system is more effective and it runs slightly smoother but... it has no link up play!
Fri 08/11/02 at 16:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I concur exactly.

Mrio Sunshine.....or a souped up GTA3?

Hmmmmm.............fun....or ugly pointless killing..........let me see........not hard.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.