GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BLINX"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Blinx the time sweeper'.
Fri 08/11/02 at 09:33
Regular
I think this game is important enough to warrant it's own thread - (?)

Funny thing is, I ain't got it yet, but I'm off to town now to buy it :)

I'll post my first impressions and what I generally think are "claws & flaws" later.
Thu 21/11/02 at 16:14
Regular
Bosses are never good. They're either too easy or annoying.
Bosses should be banned. And anyone found programming one should be burned.

Not really, I'm just frustrated I can't finish Blinx :-)
Thu 21/11/02 at 16:07
Regular
They were good when HE did them!
Thu 21/11/02 at 15:54
Regular
Well, I can't complete the damned game!
The last boss sequence is bloody hard - 30 plus attempts later and I'm resigned to the fact that it's beaten me.

God I hate bosses. They are cliched, boring and ruin games in my opinion.

Who invented videogame bosses anyway? It wasn't Miyamoto was it?!
Tue 19/11/02 at 12:25
might get this with my xmas money but I am getting a gamecube first.
Mon 18/11/02 at 21:07
Regular
Rented this game last weekend and I really enjoyed it! I got up to Stage 4 round 2 and bought quite a few things from the shop :) However the only thing that will stop me from purchasing it is the length of the game :( I was only 1 stage (8 rounds) from completing it according to a walkthrough I read yesterday and I don't believe that once completed and everything un-locked that I would ever go back and play it again. Great game though and by a long shot the best platform game I have played since Sonic on the Mega Drive :) I am going to borrow it off a friend for a week so that I can finish it off and un-lock all of the cat medals and make sure I pick up the better vack and the storm outfit :D
Mon 18/11/02 at 20:56
Regular
The levels are bit on the small side.
A bigger adventure still utilizing Blinx's time controlling powers would be very nice indeed.

Another criticism I have of Blinx is that the levels are too cliched - in that there's a snowy level, a fiery level, a Indiana Jones temple level, etc.
The Time Controls are the only thing that's in any way original.
Mon 18/11/02 at 16:44
Regular
I'm not sure whether Blinx will ever be as big as Sonic (in a gaming sense).
I'd like to see Blinx in a bigger and proper adventure, like Sonic and Mario. Blinx 2 perhaps.
Mon 18/11/02 at 15:37
Regular
Yeah, the music is nice. Reminds me of Sonic.
Mon 18/11/02 at 14:22
Regular
I'm up to the snowy level, slipping and sliding all over the place.

I really the music, especially the strumming guitar tune on the level select screen and the music that kicks in when Blinx completes a level and you watch the replay.
Mon 18/11/02 at 09:04
Regular
Yeah, the final boss battle is infuriating. I think you have to beat most of the previous bosses in one go. Not good. It taints an otherwise cool game.

I think end of level bosses should be banned. Can't stand 'em. They're always boring in my view.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.