GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend a game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/11/02 at 10:01
Regular
But NOT Vice City - I've already got that.
Been out of the PS2 loop for a while, what's worth getting?
Fri 08/11/02 at 10:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
But NOT Vice City - I've already got that.
Been out of the PS2 loop for a while, what's worth getting?
Fri 08/11/02 at 10:03
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Burnout 2 is pretty darn good if you like arcade racing thrills.
Fri 08/11/02 at 10:04
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Timesplitters 2 - pure class and pyschoville
Pro Evo 2 - love it or hate it
Fireblade - vastly under rated get it if you fancy a desert strike ish blast from the past
Fri 08/11/02 at 10:05
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Timesplitters 2 - Good game - lots of blasting, lots of guns and stuff.

Sport aint you're thing, what about driving ?

Colin McRae 3 or Toca - Toca's good but the graphics are shoddy for PS2.

The Getaway comes out in December - You'll enjoy that.

Disney Golf comes out soon as well - that will be ace !

DMC2 soonish I think, Red Faction 2's out but not as good as TS2.
Fri 08/11/02 at 10:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Onimusha 2, Pro Evo 2, or Timesplitters 2 would be a good bet.
Fri 08/11/02 at 10:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Timesplitters 2 - I dont like FPS on consoles, just feels wrong.

Pro-Evo - I've got FIFA World Cup. Not a huge footy fan but that's alright, is Pro-Evo massively different to Fifa?

Is Stuntman any good? My mate says it's class but I'd hate it as I get incredibly, red-faced and screaming frustrated quite easily and apparently I'd napalm Essex after an hour
Fri 08/11/02 at 10:22
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Fifa World Cup has to be just about the worst footie game out in recent years.

ProEvo is class and personally I still prefer it over Pro Evo 2. This is Football 2003 is a fantastic game Definately on a level par and I find it ultimately more enjoyable - so does Wookiee...

The controls for TS2 actually do work very well for a console. it's the first FPS that I have thought breally does work.

Stuntman is a great game. Can be frustrating at times and can be east at times. Just try not to break your nice new controller if it gets to much of a pain.
Fri 08/11/02 at 10:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That's my concern with Stuntman.

I'm not the most balanced, even-tempered of people when playing games. I've calmed down a lot since I were a nipper but I still tend to go nuclear sometimes.
Like with Vice City last night, every mission I did I got busted on, without fail.
Reload from The Hotel, "You watch, I'll come out of here, turn left and get nicked straight away"

I leave the hotel, fire up my chainsaw and what happens? Busted within 10 seconds.

Pad on floor, voice raised and expletives fly. Including several stream-of-conscious insults involving policemen, their parents and donkeys
Fri 08/11/02 at 10:32
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Suggestion - don't fire up the chainsaw.....

Have a few cups of calming herbal tea first and light a few aromatherapy candles so you are in peacfull state of karma before you play.or dont.

Some of the scenes in Stuntman you can end up trying 30 / 40 times before you finish them and it will frustrate you - the worst thing unfortunately is the loading time before each restart - that is the worst bit about the whole game.
Fri 08/11/02 at 10:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Flanders wrote:

> Have a few cups of calming herbal tea first and light a few
> aromatherapy candles so you are in peacfull state of karma before you
> play.or dont.

---

Dude, I'm immature - not a chick

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.