GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend a game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/11/02 at 10:01
Regular
But NOT Vice City - I've already got that.
Been out of the PS2 loop for a while, what's worth getting?
Fri 08/11/02 at 18:52
Regular
"Max Power"
well if you posted this alot of people would say gta vc but cause you said not vc then timesplitters 2
Fri 08/11/02 at 18:42
"griever"
zone of the enders is a great game as well as final fantasy 8
Fri 08/11/02 at 18:26
Regular
Metal Gear Solid 2?
Fri 08/11/02 at 17:30
Regular
I think, in terms of game styles:

Arcadey, simple fun:
FIFA 2003, Red Card.
Burnout 2
TimeSplitters (Plat)
Time Crisis 2
Crash Bandicoot (?)
Tekken 4

More longlasting, challenging games:
Pro Evo 2
Gran Turismo 3
Deus Ex
Onimusha 2
(No platformers are that challenging, but Ico is the best example-ish)
Dead Or Alive 2
Final Fantasy 10
Fri 08/11/02 at 17:25
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Stuntman - good for those with lots of patience. For those who have about a 2 second fuse, no good. Every time you screw it up, there's about a 45 second loading time until you can try again, and you have to go all the way back to the beginning of the stunt, no matter how far you were when you botched it. Aggravating, but okay.

Tekken 4 - best beat 'em up on PS2. You can make a big gay panda fight a bear in a red t-shirt, and watch the panda wiggle his bottom in his opponents face before sitting on him. Great fun.

TimeSplitters 2 - best shooter I ever played. So much fun it should be illegal. Packed with monkeys.

Burnout 2 - just ace in every way, although I've not actually played the full game yet.

Pro Evo 2 - miles better than FIFA, if you're interested in football.
Fri 08/11/02 at 16:46
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Burnout 2 is lots of fun, love the insurance game thingy where u have to cause the biggest pile up.
Fri 08/11/02 at 16:38
Regular
If you like footy, a Pro Evo game is a very good choice.
If you are more into shooters, FP would be Deus Ex or a third-person choice would probably be Metal Gear 2.
Racing, I say Burnout 2, though if you want more fast thrills then Toca or GT.
I can't ever imagine you liking a colourful platformer, but Klonoa 2 is top there.
Fighting games, in fact, lick balls. Plus, I'm so crap at them my choice wouldn't be a good one.
I say:
Pro Evo 2, Burnout 2, TimeSplitters 2 or Deus Ex.
Fri 08/11/02 at 11:46
"Uzi Lover"
Forgot all these reality TV shows. Just stick a camera in a room with Goatboy on the PS2.
Fri 08/11/02 at 11:43
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I can't wait
Fri 08/11/02 at 11:19
Regular
"  "
Flanders wrote:
> I could always lend you Jodie's copy of Barbie Race and Ride - No
> stress involved whatsoever :-)

Bet your itching to get home and play it :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.