GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is 'Burnout' for the PS2 Any good?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/03/02 at 14:27
Regular
I was just wondering if Burnout was worth getting on the PS2? Is it better than a rental? Is it worth £40? Please would someone tell me if this game is any good!
Tue 19/03/02 at 21:10
tar for everyones comments and suggestions but i have settled on:

Pro Evolution (ps2)
Tekken Tag Tornament (ps2)

But thanks anyway but i think these are sensible games to purchase!
Tue 19/03/02 at 21:05
simon45 - you're right!

For me it seems to have infinite replay value, I love the music and the extremely fast pace.

The multiplayer game is brilliant too and has kept me and my mates busy for quite some time!

I managed to get mine for £15, so it probably is not worth dishing out £30 for it. But try and find a bargain and you won't be disapointed!
Tue 19/03/02 at 20:55
i live in england!
Tue 19/03/02 at 20:53
Regular
"Woah dude!"
YES YES YES YES.

If you don't own this game (which you probably don't considering the fact that you asked if it was any good!),then buy it!

It does not get boring.
It's the most thrilling racer since the launch title 'Ridge Racer 5'-i'll probably get replies now saying that RR5 was rubbish!

In 'Burnout' your heart is in your mouth for most of the time trying to avoid crashing into busy traffic.
When you do crash ,it's fantastic to watch the realistic replays.

Yes it is good,and yes you should.....MUST.....buy it!

Go on.
Tue 19/03/02 at 20:30
i have got burnout and i played it for about a week and after a while it does get a bit boring so if i were you i would get another game and get this as a maybe
Tue 19/03/02 at 10:33
Regular
"  "
MetalGear2King wrote:
> but i have got work experience and i am taking my ps2 down to my nans so my bro
> won't reck it whilst we are away and its going tomoz!

work experiance in america?
Mon 18/03/02 at 10:18
"High polygon count"
Burnout was great fun, for about a day.

In the end, I got tired of the crashes and replays because they interrupted the flow of the game.

Personal taste, of course, but I traded mine in for something else.
Sun 17/03/02 at 21:25
but i have got work experience and i am taking my ps2 down to my nans so my bro won't reck it whilst we are away and its going tomoz!
Sun 17/03/02 at 21:19
Regular
Asterix wrote:
> has neone heard of this game called battleship they should bring it out on the
> PS2 i'd certainly think that wud be a wise £40 investment.

Turning a board game into a PS2 game....whoa..Monopoly flashback!

B4..You sunk my battle ship
Sun 17/03/02 at 21:17
Regular
MetalGear2King wrote:
I know its a wild idea but... I
> am of to America on thursday and wen i get back i am going to get the game of my
> choice so i wondered if it was any good!

Yeah but from now until Thursday you could rent it,Blockbuster only let you have them for two nights anyhoo,and I think its rent on get one for a quid ...or something.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.