GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ANOTHER MGS2 TOPIC!?!? No, this is one with a difference..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/03/02 at 14:22
Regular
Not really, just said to make you look at it. Anyway, I've just finished my morning dose of MGS2 (you'll notice I finished in the afternoon), and I've just reached the part where you're in Arsenal Gear. And now this game is really beginning to impress...

At first I was a little disappointed with the emotional side of things, but that's all been sorted out thanks to an untimely death. Also, the music is much more strange and spooky inside Metal Gear. Lovely.

But what is really...well, I can't say it in words. The CODEC. Especially Campbell. I don't think I've ever been so...I don't know, I was feeling around 3 emotions at the same time! Humour at some of the stuff he says, confusement when he tells you to turn off the console and a lot of it 'freaked' me out, like when his face is a bit...well, skeletal I guess. I love the way he says things from MGS, and also the first ever Metal Gear game! It really is fantastic, and when I saved the game and turned the console off (got found by those ninja guards, I had no chance) it was like waking up from a dream.

I'm still not sure if I prefer it to MGS, but now I know why MGS is such a cut above the others. Mario?? Lara Croft?? Halo?? Pah, they are nothing compared to this piece of art.

Obviously, I still haven't completed it, and I don't really want to. I want this game to go on forever, dammit. No game (apart from the original) has made me want to play as much as this, and I don't think any other game could. A masterpiece.

Thanks for reading, or skimming, Ant.
Mon 18/03/02 at 17:09
Meka Dragon wrote:
> I am the Tarrant wrote:
> MGS2?

>Better than sex.

That's because
> you're not doing it right.

Look a little lower than the belly button, and
> you'll have more fun.

;-)

I can't find the belly button :-(
Is it on the tanker or the plant? Do you have to unlock it by collecting dogtags? 'cause I've only got a few.
Mon 18/03/02 at 12:54
Regular
"everyone says it"
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> Fair point.

Secret of Mana is better than everything though.

Thank you. Its too damn true.

Just a remake... I pray every night and day... just a remake.
Mon 18/03/02 at 12:52
Regular
"not dead"
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> MGS2?

>Better than sex.

That's because you're not doing it right.

Look a little lower than the belly button, and you'll have more fun.

;-)
Mon 18/03/02 at 11:45
Fair point.

Secret of Mana is better than everything though.
Mon 18/03/02 at 03:21
Regular
"everyone says it"
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> MGS2?

Better than sex.

Jusy my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not
> saying there's nothing better than MGS2, just that sex isn't. Anyway, kettle's
> boiled, good night.

Secret of Mana is better.
Mon 18/03/02 at 01:46
Regular
"I'm you + 1!"
Ant.

Linear means that it's a simple go here do that game, as in no true sense of real freedom to do what you want.

Practically every game ever is like it only they hide it well with sub quests and the like.

More specific to game terms it's more of a there's really only one thing that you can do to progress kind of affair.

As for MGS2, never played it, never even played MGS, only ever seen it in action, once, for one minute max.

Ah well, my loss I suppose.
Mon 18/03/02 at 01:28
MGS2?

Better than sex.

Jusy my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's nothing better than MGS2, just that sex isn't. Anyway, kettle's boiled, good night.
Sun 17/03/02 at 23:36
Regular
"everyone says it"
I just started playing Conkers Bad Fur Day again.. and I have to say... I prefer this game to MGS2.. It lasts longer and is just SO BRILLIANT.

Hmmm... Although that really isn't a comparison, MGS2 is excellent, just not 'brilliantly excellent'. :D
Sun 17/03/02 at 22:51
Regular
"I like cheese"
AndMcGrn wrote:
> Ant,

Linear doesn't mean the same, it means that there is only one direction.
> I haven't played Metal Gear 2 but hopefully I'll get a PS2 and MGS2 later this
> week.

But what I think he means is that you are told go here do this, and you
> can't do anything until that part is complete.

Hope that I didn't just ramble
> on without explaining anything.

Yeah, that's sort of what I meant, sort of not. It's a damn Geography term, isn't it?? :D

Anyway, I guess he's sort of right, but a lot of games are like that. You can explore if you want to though. But the missions aren't boring anyway. :D
Sun 17/03/02 at 22:36
Ant,

Linear doesn't mean the same, it means that there is only one direction. I haven't played Metal Gear 2 but hopefully I'll get a PS2 and MGS2 later this week.

But what I think he means is that you are told go here do this, and you can't do anything until that part is complete.

Hope that I didn't just ramble on without explaining anything.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.