GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone a gamecube boffin type dude?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/11/02 at 19:36
Regular
Well i got a question does anyone know what type of internet connections will be possible for gamecube *appart from braod band* and does anyone know when it its comming out? *i heard aparanently its coming out in like 2010! is this true? *if it is i ordering one from japan!lol:)*
Fri 08/11/02 at 19:36
"Gimme The Triforce"
Well i got a question does anyone know what type of internet connections will be possible for gamecube *appart from braod band* and does anyone know when it its comming out? *i heard aparanently its coming out in like 2010! is this true? *if it is i ordering one from japan!lol:)*
Fri 08/11/02 at 19:42
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
ok there is a modem adapter that is likely to be released when the cube has an online game. Id say within a year (i expect pokemon to arrive pretty soon)
Fri 08/11/02 at 19:43
Regular
"bit of a brain"
2010. Which fool told you this? Do they have a PS2 perchance?
Fri 08/11/02 at 19:44
"Gimme The Triforce"
Semajal wrote:
> ok there is a modem adapter that is likely to be released when the
> cube has an online game. Id say within a year (i expect pokemon to
> arrive pretty soon)
pokemon? i aint herd of a pokemon game comming out? *is there cos i think it would probably spoil the cube with that kind of game. *no offence to pokemon fans*
Fri 08/11/02 at 19:59
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> 2010. Which fool told you this? Do they have a PS2 perchance?

Nah, it was in cube magazine, they were messin' about! They said it would be 2010 by the time the U.K got it.
Fri 08/11/02 at 20:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Lies! All lies!
Fri 08/11/02 at 21:16
Regular
'Cube online should be early next year for us. Expect some decent games (around ten) but nothing overwhelming - they'll all be class though. There'll be two modems - 56K or Broadband with the latter being the more expensive as it provides a better service.
Fri 08/11/02 at 21:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
And if it takes off, expect more. If it dosen't, you won't miss it much. Its nothing special, this online gaming lark. Years of PC play have shown me that.
Fri 08/11/02 at 21:39
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
The two connectors are out in Japan, the first online game will be Phantasy Star online. coming to the USA in a few days now, opefully in the UK by next year. All you pay for is the subsciption the game asks. Well what Nintendo wants is the game publishers to make their games online compatiable. Basically its up to the Games publishers to add the online feature, the more who do that the more online games there will be. Its not gonna be big as Xbox Live or the PS2 launch! But what the heck if good decent games come out on the cube which are online playable then things may look good. Microsoft have got the money to do a massive launch!

And 2010 seems likely! Everyone from Nintendo seem to have left the UK and Europe out of online plans for the moment! And Xbox and PS2 fans dont get too happy that your getting online playing very soon! Only a few people will actually take part in the service! Come on UK lower down your prices for broadband or else this country will be behind and most people wont enjoy playing games online as broadband is too expensive.
Sat 09/11/02 at 18:20
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
56kb, and Broadband adapters will be avaliable. Broadband will blatnetly be more expensive than 56kb. UK release date is unknown.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.