GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Copied XP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/03/02 at 23:31
Regular
My mate give me Windows XP but another mate warned me dont installed can they trace me. I dont wanna go to jail if I install it.
Thu 21/03/02 at 11:01
Silent, If you want to format after you have installed windows XP you have to convert your harddisk to fat32 as XP usually converts sections of your harddisk to NTFS even if you ask it not to. I cant remember the command at the moment but if you look on the microsoft website it will tell you how.

I also had this problem and was puzzled why it would not let me format as I told it to leave my drive in the fat32 format.
Mon 18/03/02 at 19:52
"High polygon count"
Corporate Edition is purchased directly from Microsoft; you buy one set of CD's (which are supplied in a special folder, not a box as usual) and a number of licenses, which do not require registration.

I believe it is basically XP Professional, but the XP Professional you buy from SR or elsewhere is not the Corporate version, and will require registration.
Sun 17/03/02 at 20:58
Is Proffesional version the coperate one then?
Sun 17/03/02 at 20:05
Regular
Not sure how to tell, all i know is that it doesnt have to be authenticated by microsoft or even in 30 days as with home edition, because obviously all large companys kicked up a storm, they did not want to have to authenticate 100's of computers so the corporate editon was released but i don't think microsoft boasts about it.

c.b.
Sun 17/03/02 at 17:26
AMD_MAN wrote:
> You can copy Windows XP proffesional Corporate version as it has it doesnt have
> to be registered, but you would be better off buying one. if you want to make
> your own boot dos boot disk it is pretty easy all you have to do is open system
> properties and go to the create startup disk, this will copy format.com and
> fdisk.exe (and more)files to the floppy, also make it bootable.

c.b.

How do you know its corparate edition? I hav windows xp proffesional
Sun 17/03/02 at 15:46
Regular
You can copy Windows XP proffesional Corporate version as it has it doesnt have to be registered, but you would be better off buying one. if you want to make your own boot dos boot disk it is pretty easy all you have to do is open system properties and go to the create startup disk, this will copy format.com and fdisk.exe (and more)files to the floppy, also make it bootable.

c.b.
Sun 17/03/02 at 02:23
Q: During Setup I was prompted to "activate" Windows XP. What is activation and why do I need to do it?

A: To help reduce software piracy, Windows XP uses the product activation system, which allows your copy of Windows XP to be installed on only one computer.

You can activate your copy of Windows either:

During Setup.

—or—

By clicking Start, pointing to All Programs, and then clicking Activate Windows.
If you wait to activate your software, you can still use Windows for 30 days. During this time, you'll be reminded periodically to activate Windows.

IMPORTANT

You don't need to give your name or other personal information when you activate Windows.
After 30 days, you must activate Windows XP in order to continue using it.
You must have administrator rights to activate Windows XP.

I had a look in the start bar and for activate windows but it isn't there does this mean that I am ok to use my xp???
Sun 17/03/02 at 01:04
what would be the keyword
Sun 17/03/02 at 01:01
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You don't make one FOR XP, you just... make a DOS floppy. I don't think XP would give you the option of it though. No matter, just download one. There are loads knocking about. Google for it.
Sun 17/03/02 at 00:46
Ok how do you make the ms dos floppy for xp

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.