GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2: The quality will get better!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/10/00 at 22:02
Regular
Remember the first driving games on the PSX, Ridge Racer and Need For Speed, and look now, GT2, F1 2000 and more! Shooting games, Die Hard to Metal Gear Solid and Syphon Filter 2. It's the same for all types of games on the PSX. And I'm pretty sure that this will happen on the PS2. I mean, GT 2000 looks excellent already, imagine in a couple of years. Don't say that GT 2000 doesn't look good 'cos it does. So, the PS2 hasn't even come out here yet, so don't be so quick to diss it. I'm not saying that PS2 is the best, I'm just saying to wait. I'm sure it'll show what it can do over time.
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Wed 04/10/00 at 22:02
Regular
"I like cheese"
Remember the first driving games on the PSX, Ridge Racer and Need For Speed, and look now, GT2, F1 2000 and more! Shooting games, Die Hard to Metal Gear Solid and Syphon Filter 2. It's the same for all types of games on the PSX. And I'm pretty sure that this will happen on the PS2. I mean, GT 2000 looks excellent already, imagine in a couple of years. Don't say that GT 2000 doesn't look good 'cos it does. So, the PS2 hasn't even come out here yet, so don't be so quick to diss it. I'm not saying that PS2 is the best, I'm just saying to wait. I'm sure it'll show what it can do over time.
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Wed 04/10/00 at 22:16
Yeah, but the PS games haven't moved on much.
and rR5 is worse than RR4.
Wed 04/10/00 at 22:19
Regular
I think what Ant means is, experience comes with time. And the process of learning a new skill and then creating something that people will buy from it is quite hard, especially with the difficulty of programming for the PS2.
As soon as the programmers get into it, there should be a lot of much better games out.
Wed 04/10/00 at 22:31
Now Ant is a guy who nows what he is talking about. Of course the games aren't going to be all that great, because the programmers are all really rushing ahead to be in time for the launch date of the PS2. When the 1st Playstation came out 5 years ago we had games such as Ridge Racer, Battle Arena Toshinden, Rayman, and Mortal Kombat 3, they all didn't test the Playstation to its fullest did they, and now look at the games you can get now. Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII & VIII, The Resident Evil series, Gran Turismo, and a whole lot more. And people say that the Sony doesn't make good quality games eh.
Wed 04/10/00 at 23:21
Shall I tell him or someone else?.....

Sony don't.. (oh, I give up, I'm going home. bye!)
Thu 05/10/00 at 09:44
Don't get smart mate OK. You all know what i mean.
At the End, Playstation makes good quality games
Thu 05/10/00 at 10:22
Regular
"not dead"
So now the Playstation itself makes games.....
Thu 05/10/00 at 18:54
Regular
Does it make the tea as well? Now that would be worth buying! :)
Thu 05/10/00 at 19:01
Hah! Good quality games my A$$!!!

Sony don't make ANY of their games! They just publish them! Also they are as pixelated as a ZX Spectrum! Also Gameboy Advance has more power than a playstation!

PLUS the game series Crash Bandicoot is OFFICIALLY going to be released on the Gamecube!

Ha HA!
Thu 05/10/00 at 19:40
Regular
Talk about bias! The Playstation is a bit outdated but is the handheld more powerful? If only...
Anyway, although Square, EA, Capcom and Konomi's games for PS2 WILL keep getting better, the rest will gradually disappear...
...until...
...they leave completely...

... to make games for other more powerful, profitable and easy to develop for consoles. And you'll all be happy because by then you'll all own one of these better consoles, well most of you anyway!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.