GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell - minimum CPU required - 1.4ghz"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Sun 10/11/02 at 09:36
Regular
I have just read in PC Gamer that this game (due out Jan 2003) would need a minimum processor of 1.4ghz !
This takes the pee, has the world gone mad, surely this would rule out 50% of gamers immediately ?
The game looks excellent by the way :)
Sun 10/11/02 at 09:36
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I have just read in PC Gamer that this game (due out Jan 2003) would need a minimum processor of 1.4ghz !
This takes the pee, has the world gone mad, surely this would rule out 50% of gamers immediately ?
The game looks excellent by the way :)
Sun 10/11/02 at 14:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Obviously meant for a top of the range PC, not that I'm bothered, the game looks mind numbingly boring. No action at all I read somewhere, just sneaking about peeking through doors and rolling past people. Where the fun in that eh?
Wed 27/11/02 at 10:21
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
cipro wrote:
> Obviously meant for a top of the range PC, not that I'm bothered, the
> game looks mind numbingly boring. No action at all I read somewhere,
> just sneaking about peeking through doors and rolling past people.
> Where the fun in that eh?

I've got the US XBox version and I reckon it's over-rated personally. Bored the pants off of me. It's quite a linear experience. Doesn't look all *that* good either IMO. Not a Metal Gear 2 beater either IMO.
Wed 27/11/02 at 10:43
"Darkness, always"
1.4Ghz?!?!

If a game can't be run on an 866, then it hasn't been coded properly.
Wed 27/11/02 at 12:10
Regular
"Not your monkey"
You need the same kinda spec for GTA3 apparantly.

Just poor coding to get it ported from the consoles as quick as possible. Looks poo anyway
Wed 27/11/02 at 12:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Bleeders wrote:
> I've got the US XBox version and I reckon it's over-rated personally.
> Bored the pants off of me. It's quite a linear experience. Doesn't
> look all *that* good either IMO. Not a Metal Gear 2 beater either IMO.

Just as I suspected. It looks alright and I may give it a try sometime, probably when it's on budget, but the trouble I always have with stealth games is they hardly ever keep my attension for longer than a week, if that.

The exception being of course, Theif 2 which is perhaps one of, if not the best stealth em up game I have ever played.
Wed 27/11/02 at 12:44
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
cipro wrote:

> The exception being of course, Theif 2 which is perhaps one of, if not
> the best stealth em up game I have ever played.

Strange, I got Thief 2 a couple of months back, and played the first two levels, but haven't touched it since. I should start playing it again sometime.
Wed 27/11/02 at 15:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think thief is great. I like going round the huge levels knocking people our then stealing their swag. Just like a true thief.

It beats getting given tons of weapons and gadgets but not being able to use them because in doing so you'll have to fight off an endless army of enemy guards.
Wed 27/11/02 at 17:00
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:
> You need the same kinda spec for GTA3 apparantly.
>
> Just poor coding to get it ported from the consoles as quick as
> possible. Looks poo anyway

Naa... I run GTA3 perfectly well on my old P2450
Wed 27/11/02 at 17:05
Insane Bartender wrote:
> 1.4Ghz?!?!
>
> If a game can't be run on an 866, then it hasn't been coded properly.

LOL!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.