GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Of The Millenium..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/10/00 at 21:48
Regular
What would be your choice for Game Of The Millenium (the last one, not this one!!!)

Mine would have to be Tetris. It has an amazing appeal to all audiences, a constantly increasing difficulty, no violence, no sex, no politics, just plain ol' fashioned fun.
Fri 06/10/00 at 12:36
Diablo, why not? It's still good, and lives on in the slightly upgraded form of Diablo2 (which is practically an expansion pack with millions of new features.... yes some call that a sequel... what are you suggesting?). Still i liked Dungeon Keeper, being evil is great fun... (heh, torture that avatar... the one from Ultima 8... Did anyone else notice that the end guy in Dungeon Keeper 1 is the same as the avatar in Ultima 8 then? did you? or did you get bored? i demand RETRIBUTION!)
Fri 06/10/00 at 03:35
It's incredible that something that small can talk such big words :o)
No offense, Grix :o)
Thu 05/10/00 at 20:25
Regular
(I, sir, am Grix's brain. And I will take no insult to my position or of any stance that I may have to do with games. My voice is final. I rule all.)
Shut up.
Thu 05/10/00 at 20:14
I'd have to agree with Tetris as game of the millenium, or Space invaders, or Elite, or ...

Why can't we just have a game for each system as game of the millenium? I can't choose, there are too many good games like Goldeneye and Bubble Bobble and Settlers etc. It's just impossible to decide.
Thu 05/10/00 at 20:04
Regular
Is the text in brackets the little voices in your head?
Or are they your thoughts?
Thu 05/10/00 at 19:26
Regular
Or should I say how that got there? Your supposed to be doing this, not me.
(Its ironic really... useless without me, but still treats me like crap)
Thu 05/10/00 at 19:24
Regular
(I liked the third Zelda, it was such a great game, always made me want to play it again and again and again...)

So that was you with the second file save! I always wondered who that got there...
Thu 05/10/00 at 19:19
Regular
The original DK country for me.
LONG LIVE RARE's CLASSIC 2D PLATFORMER!
It's a pity they didn't bring the same magic onto the N64 version.
Thu 05/10/00 at 18:57
Regular
I know Wolf was the first, but it was Doom that revolutionised it, brought it to public attention.
It was ok, because it was John Romero that made both...
Viva la Revolution! (Or something of simular content...)
Thu 05/10/00 at 10:29
Regular
"not dead"
Citadel on the Acorn Elecron. It really got me into games in a big way.
Then I'd say that the Zelda series is pretty special in terms of gameplay and story.
Mario 3 was something special in the platform genre.
Mario64 introduced the whole 3d platform experience, so that deservs a mention.
Wolfenstein 3D is the game that started the whole Doom, Quake thing - but I'm not an overly big fan of that type of thing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.