GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Someone stole my GAD :("

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/03/02 at 12:28
Regular
I was looking foward to playing State of Emergency today when I came downstairs to see a parcel in my kitchen at 8.30am. Ran upstairs half asleep, and went off to the toilet etc.. opened up the package to have a look at the game itself but I couldn't find it.

I turned it upside down, out fell a magazine, the long strip of white paper, an advert for camera film, and an order form. I also noticed that one of the sides had been selotaped down.

Now I know what it feels like to be robbed, but I would have thought when it did happen it wouldn't be stolen while in the post.

So someone actually did steal my GAD literally. So don't complain when someone else "steals" the GAD prize for a day you think you should have won - It could be worse.
Sat 16/03/02 at 18:10
"slightlyshortertagl"
Rakuga, i think your post on the suspects etc.. etc.. should get GAD!
Sat 16/03/02 at 15:44
Regular
ok
Sat 16/03/02 at 15:43
I think he was trying not to offend that other guy.
Sat 16/03/02 at 15:41
Regular
Asher D wrote:
> Liquid Snake wrote:
> RM18 wrote:
> would you read my post on FOG prime
> on 'killer apps'?
> cheers

Do you have a heart? Ooops sorry, let me
> re-prhase that, do you have
> any friends?

No offense, Newbie. But I like
> RM18, and don't like you. Also, a lot of people like RM18, and I have never
> heard of you before this topic, whilst i heard of RM18 through someone else, so
> it is fair to say he is a damn sight more popular than you.

Although I like
> you...

Thanks a lot Asher D

btw, what do you mean by 'although I like you...'?
Sat 16/03/02 at 15:39
heh heh heh
Sat 16/03/02 at 15:36
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Well still haven't found out what happened to it.
Here are the main suspects and detectives who might be able to solve the mystery:

-------------------------

1) The Postman
- Delivered the game early in the morning. Shifty looking fellow who always delivers with a smile.
Motives: PS2 fan? Needed some money fast? Thinking of going on strike next week and needs money to allow himself to?

2) Special Reserve Staff Newbie
- There could be a thief working undercover in the SR HQ, stealing games from their packaging before dispatched.
Motives: Likes games... likes stealing...

3) Twain ;-)
- Yet to win a GAD, 2051 posts, 71167 words.... possibly could have intercepted postman
Motives: 2051 posts, 71167 words, no gameaday wins

4)The Post Office Sorting Office
- Lost in the chaotic surroundings of the sorting office, after SR dispatcher/envelope dealer failed to notice a tab was loose. Currently hidden under several piles of envelopes?
Motives: Accidental error

5) The Postbox Bandit
- Breaks into post boxes and takes what he finds including postcards from Spain and any parcels from SR.
Motives: His job.

6) Daily Mail
- Stepped up it's hate campaign over controversy. Looted stores of titles like State of Emergency and GTA3. My copy of SOE happened to get caught in their hate campaign. It is probably burning in a public burning of games somewhere near Daily Mail HQ
Motives: Grumpy journalists who don't like controversial games despite not having played them

7) Microsoft
- After release of the X-Box they are stealing top ten titles for the PS2 in an attempt to bring down PS2 sales and up X Box sales. Being Microsoft they might be able to do this.
Motives: Attempt to win the ongoing Console War

8) Family members
- Practical Joke
Motives: .... I can't really see this one happening.

9) A Ghost
- Scooby Doo and co. always suspected a ghost so why can't I?
Motives: Ghosts are evil and do this kind of thing

10) Jealous Friend
- I keep telling friends to sign up for Special Reserve because it's a cool site and you can win games yet they still can't be bothered to put the effort in. So I don't know why they bother moaning... One of my friends could have beaten up the postman during his trip to drop off my game. He could have then stolen the game and run off with it leaving me with nothing.
Motives: Jealousy, laziness to try winning a GAD for themselves

---------------------------------

Possible Private Detectives I could hire to solve the "Mystery of the Game"...

1. Scooby Doo:
Pros: He always manages to solve mysteries, even if it takes him ages to realise it was actually the only person they met in their investigations and not in fact a ghost like they first thought; Cheap - several Scooby Snacks should do it
Cons: Takes a while for them to work out; cartoon character

2. Sherlock Holmes:
Pros: One of the best detectives that ever lived.
Cons: He would be dead by now / fictious character

3. Jonathan Creek
Pros: The answers rather simple. This is a mystery therefore he surely will be able to get to the bottom of it.
Cons: Takes an hour to 2 hours episode to solve a mystery and the answer is usually quite complicated. This isn't as complicated as he may be used to so he might not do as well...

4. Inspector Morse
Pros: I hear he's good
Cons: I haven't seen him in work. So... I can't really comment.

5. Danger Mouse
Pros: Saves the day 24-7
Cons: He's a mouse; he's a cartoon; he's been off the air for a considerable time

---------------------

If you have any ideas for solving this mystery. Please reply.
Sat 16/03/02 at 15:24
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
"Why was it in the kitchen in the first place??? Are you sure someone in your family hasnt stolen it for a joke??? Or are you makin the whole thing up??? "

Er.. when the post comes through the door, whoever is up puts it in the kitchen..... Firstly I think my family members would have better things to do then take a game out of its package and then selotape it back on for fun. Even if they did I think I'd know by now.. and the fact I saw my mum on the phone inquiring at the post office whether one had turned up I don't think it's a practical joke. And why would I make something like this up?

Twain wrote:
> Rakuga wrote:
> And no offence but you have only posted 18 posts, 1 review,
> 1 walkthrough and 5
> cheats.

And what about me?

I haven't won
> anything from SR since I joined, and look at how much I've posted, and the
> amount of time I've been here.

and erm.. there's a simple explanation.. you see. LEG IT! (Runs off)
Sat 16/03/02 at 15:14
Regular
Liquid Snake wrote:
> RM18 wrote:
> would you read my post on FOG prime on 'killer apps'?
> cheers

Do you have a heart? Ooops sorry, let me re-prhase that, do you have
> any friends?

No offense, Newbie. But I like RM18, and don't like you. Also, a lot of people like RM18, and I have never heard of you before this topic, whilst i heard of RM18 through someone else, so it is fair to say he is a damn sight more popular than you.

Although I like you...
Sat 16/03/02 at 15:13
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Not sure about being arrested but I know it's illegal to open other peoples mail.
Sat 16/03/02 at 15:04
Regular
Liquid Snake wrote:
> RM18 wrote:
> would you read my post on FOG prime on 'killer apps'?
> cheers

Do you have a heart? Ooops sorry, let me re-prhase that, do you have
> any friends?

stop spamming

also, read a dictionary and learn how to spell

idiot

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.