GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Someone stole my GAD :("

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/03/02 at 12:28
Regular
I was looking foward to playing State of Emergency today when I came downstairs to see a parcel in my kitchen at 8.30am. Ran upstairs half asleep, and went off to the toilet etc.. opened up the package to have a look at the game itself but I couldn't find it.

I turned it upside down, out fell a magazine, the long strip of white paper, an advert for camera film, and an order form. I also noticed that one of the sides had been selotaped down.

Now I know what it feels like to be robbed, but I would have thought when it did happen it wouldn't be stolen while in the post.

So someone actually did steal my GAD literally. So don't complain when someone else "steals" the GAD prize for a day you think you should have won - It could be worse.
Sat 16/03/02 at 12:28
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I was looking foward to playing State of Emergency today when I came downstairs to see a parcel in my kitchen at 8.30am. Ran upstairs half asleep, and went off to the toilet etc.. opened up the package to have a look at the game itself but I couldn't find it.

I turned it upside down, out fell a magazine, the long strip of white paper, an advert for camera film, and an order form. I also noticed that one of the sides had been selotaped down.

Now I know what it feels like to be robbed, but I would have thought when it did happen it wouldn't be stolen while in the post.

So someone actually did steal my GAD literally. So don't complain when someone else "steals" the GAD prize for a day you think you should have won - It could be worse.
Sat 16/03/02 at 12:30
Regular
I was disappointed when my post on thursday, the copycat plague, didn't win, as I thought it had a good chance

But that is real disappointment becuase you had already won. Bad luck mate
Sat 16/03/02 at 12:34
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
RM18 wrote:
> I was disappointed when my post on thursday, the copycat plague, didn't win, as
> I thought it had a good chance

But that is real disappointment becuase you
> had already won. Bad luck mate

Thank you for your comfort. I haven't yet come to terms with this loss :(. Hopefully I will get it back some day...
Sat 16/03/02 at 12:36
Regular
hopefully they just borrowed it

maybe SR can give you a GAD for this post to make up for it
Sat 16/03/02 at 12:41
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
RM18 wrote:
> hopefully they just borrowed it

maybe SR can give you a GAD for this post to
> make up for it

I think they are going to replace it (thank god they are nice guys) but it just means I have to wait a bit longer to play it.. ie next weekend or later rather than this weekend :/
Sat 16/03/02 at 12:46
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
dont be too upset, youve already won 15 games where as people like me work their buts of and dont win any thing.
Sat 16/03/02 at 12:47
Regular
would you read my post on FOG prime on 'killer apps'? cheers
Sat 16/03/02 at 12:49
Regular
I think u should spy on that postman, who happens to keep coming around late, just so he does'ent have to show his face.
Sat 16/03/02 at 13:06
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Shalashaska wrote:
> dont be too upset, youve already won 15 games where as people like me work their
> buts of and dont win any thing.

Er, it still got stolen or mislaid. It's not nice, when you are looking forward to playing something and you get all excited when it turns up and it's not there..

And no offence but you have only posted 18 posts, 1 review, 1 walkthrough and 5 cheats. I'm sure you will win one day, you just need to keep trying or for more chance of winning don't actually try and suprise yourself by winning. That's how I won my first gad, been trying for ages, pretty much gave up and just started enjoying the forums then what did you know I won.
Sat 16/03/02 at 13:08
Regular
"*Plonk*"
RM18 wrote:
> would you read my post on FOG prime on 'killer apps'? cheers

Enough already

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.