GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Perfect Dark'.
Sun 10/11/02 at 20:34
Regular
Anybody got any info on the new Perfect Dark, release dates etc. and is it going to be exclusive to xbox because although Rare is now microsofts', it used to be part nintendo, and surely they started development a while ago??? Anyone care to set this straight...im looking at you silent85...enlighten me!!!
Wed 13/11/02 at 13:51
the director????

Different games have different directors as they dont have one person spewing ideas for a job. So I believe you are incorrect.
Tue 12/11/02 at 23:37
Regular
A point keeps getting missed in these discussions.

Only a few people left, you say. But who were these people?

The top end people!

The *director* left!

He is responsible for the way the game turns out, he is the one that tells eveyone what to do, he has the final desicions on all levels, designs, guns, ideas etc.

With a new director, comes a completely different type of game. Hence ar*e final PD levels. But then again, he was trying to continue from where someone else had left off.
Tue 12/11/02 at 23:23
Regular
Think about it! Timesplitters 2 is fantastic - just like Goldeneye 2 would be! The MAJOR part of the Goldeneye development team left (I'm talking the main developers, producers, etc), and the last few levels of Perfect Dark show how great the team was without them.

Don't condemn me - I'm not saying Rare are a bad company. I'm just saying if you want the style of Goldeneye, or MOST of Perfect Dark, it's best to pick up a Timesplitters game. Of course, "for every great developer that left, another takes their place" - I don't disagree, I'm just saying that style of game is gone, and Free Radical Design should really take credit for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.
Tue 12/11/02 at 17:32
Regular
That wasn't due to the split.

Besides, Goldeneye wasn't exactly flawless in level design - I thought that Cradle was awful (might've been alright if it had ran smoothly), and Depot was dull.

The main problem with Perfect Dark was that it was never going to impress people as much as Goldeneye did - 4 player splitscreen, headshots, etc are never so impressive the second time round.
Tue 12/11/02 at 14:26
Regular
Strafex wrote:

> Now stop making out that this small part of ONE devellopment team was
> responsible for everything great that came out of Rare.

Well I think the last few levels of Perfect Dark speak for themselves.
Tue 12/11/02 at 12:11
Strafex wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> The Rare you know for Perfect Dark now make the Timesplitters games.
> Best pick up Timesplitters 2 if you want a Goldeneye or Perfect Dark
> game.
>
> Only a PART of the Goldeneye team left Rare.
> Probably just over half.
>
> Now stop making out that this small part of ONE devellopment team was
> responsible for everything great that came out of Rare.

Thanks for that he is just green with envy (sorry for the pun)
Tue 12/11/02 at 11:29
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> game.

Only a PART of the Goldeneye team left Rare.
Probably just over half.

Now stop making out that this small part of ONE devellopment team was responsible for everything great that came out of Rare.
Mon 11/11/02 at 21:59
Maverick42 wrote:
> game.

Already have it :P anyways dont call a company who is yet to release a game on xbox ok?
Mon 11/11/02 at 21:42
Regular
The Rare you know for Perfect Dark now make the Timesplitters games. Best pick up Timesplitters 2 if you want a Goldeneye or Perfect Dark game.
Mon 11/11/02 at 18:53
I hope its online.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.