GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman 2...racist?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman 2'.
Mon 11/11/02 at 17:37
Regular
During my evening I was watching Newsround. And it has reported that Hitman 2 has been seen as racist for Sikhs. Now here are the reasons:

Alot of the people u kill where turbens
It is set in a place of Sikh worship

Now this is seen as racist.

Changes are being made:

All images of Sikhs are being removed from the web site
The game is being changed, moved locations
and the enemies are being changed

Is this game Racist?
Mon 11/11/02 at 19:02
Regular
They have black fat people in GTA VC.

Sue them as well.
Mon 11/11/02 at 18:50
Regular
lol utter crap.
Mon 11/11/02 at 18:38
Regular
"relocated"
I will.
Mon 11/11/02 at 18:35
Regular
You can run through a church with dual machine guns firing rapidly.

Sue them.
Mon 11/11/02 at 17:49
Regular
"relocated"
I doubt they would have made a game where you infiltrated the Vatican and then filled the pope full of lead.
Mon 11/11/02 at 17:45
I don't think they meant to be racist. But they should have looked at the game and seen that it did look a bit racist.
Mon 11/11/02 at 17:44
Regular
"^_^"
I do not think it is racist. I mean all of the cab drivers in GTA 3 are wearing turbens, but is that seen as racist? Or the fact that lots of games do involve holy places such as ED and TS2. There are many holy places in many games, so can any one here tell me its racist?

Anyway the poepl in the article were obviously under 15 even though the game is rated that!
Mon 11/11/02 at 17:42
Regular
I just saw that, it was set in a Gurdwara like the Golden Temple, and killing sikhs inside a Gurdwara pretty offensive to sikhs . 47 Can also change into their clothes, which could also be deemed racist :-(
Mon 11/11/02 at 17:39
Regular
"That's right!"
They're more bothered about the fact that there are murders in a holy place than the fact that they are shown in a bad light.

It's no more racist than every WW2 game
Mon 11/11/02 at 17:37
Regular
"^_^"
During my evening I was watching Newsround. And it has reported that Hitman 2 has been seen as racist for Sikhs. Now here are the reasons:

Alot of the people u kill where turbens
It is set in a place of Sikh worship

Now this is seen as racist.

Changes are being made:

All images of Sikhs are being removed from the web site
The game is being changed, moved locations
and the enemies are being changed

Is this game Racist?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.