GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman 2...racist?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman 2'.
Mon 11/11/02 at 17:37
Regular
During my evening I was watching Newsround. And it has reported that Hitman 2 has been seen as racist for Sikhs. Now here are the reasons:

Alot of the people u kill where turbens
It is set in a place of Sikh worship

Now this is seen as racist.

Changes are being made:

All images of Sikhs are being removed from the web site
The game is being changed, moved locations
and the enemies are being changed

Is this game Racist?
Tue 12/11/02 at 10:37
Regular
"Remember me?"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> White people get shot in games and sometimes in Churches, is it deemed
> racist?
>
> Fact is if we carried on like this you wouldn't be able to shoot
> people in games anymore cause someone would call it racist.

And now that I think about it, I don't recall ever shooting and / or killing a black person in Timesplitters 2. Not yet, anyway. How come it's alright for white folks to get their brains blown clean across the room, but black people get special privelages? Now THAT's racist. Kinda...

Ah, well at least there's no albino-killing in any games. ;c)
Tue 12/11/02 at 10:16
Regular
"aliens exist"
why are all the taxi frivers in GTA wearing turbans,? who cares its funny to beat em up in a game, cos you cant do it in real life, anyones who's played GTA must have realised this and enjoyed constantly hijacking taxis
Tue 12/11/02 at 10:10
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
It'd only be racist if you were kiling whichever targets they are for their beliefs or for how they look/talk. I never got this far in the game before trading it in so I don't know, but if you just take them out because of what they have done e.t.c. thats not racist.

If it's like "kill this target because he's killed someone/done something" that's okay.

If it was "kill this guy 'cause he's a sikh" then there'd be a problem, a very big one, and Eidos probably wouldn't have cleared it anyway.

~~Belldandy~~
Mon 11/11/02 at 21:35
Regular
"Festivus!"
Parr wrote:
> Yeah, I dunno why Newsround even reported about this!

You watch Newsround! Heh!
Mon 11/11/02 at 21:33
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
what game has white people dying in churches?
Mon 11/11/02 at 20:58
"slightlyshortertagl"
sue veryone for being racist.
Mon 11/11/02 at 20:54
Regular
"^_^"
Yeah, I dunno why Newsround even reported about this!
Mon 11/11/02 at 20:51
Regular
White people get shot in games and sometimes in Churches, is it deemed racist?

Fact is if we carried on like this you wouldn't be able to shoot people in games anymore cause someone would call it racist.
Mon 11/11/02 at 20:46
Regular
"^_^"
I am no Racist, if I was then I would be racist to white people (I am white)Most of my mates are Indians and Sikhs. Anyway, I was just trying to get your views on this matter, because I think it is a good point to make. Racism in games. To be honest I think being Racist is utter bolloks. It is only racist if you want it to be. it is all in the perception of things!
Mon 11/11/02 at 19:25
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Parr, you sound racist.

Either that, or you're mysteriously fascinated with turbins.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.