GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My opinions on the MGS2 video... Best dream or worst nightmare??mmm.."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/10/00 at 16:47
Regular
Sure, the graphics look good and the game looks to carry on very nicely but there were MANY flaws i noticed.

Firstly, like the original it uses a very basic colour pallette and everything has that blue tinge about it.

Also, the guards walk FAR too fast and the animation looks irregular.

When Snake is jumping, kiking or punching, his actions aswell look very out of place and far too fast in comparison with the likes of Code Veronica.

And the thing I could not stop laughing about was quite obviously when Snake closed the locker right in the guards face and they still couldnt figure out where he had went untill he made a sound... Artificial intelligence?? Not much here which brings me on to my next comment.

All the guards act exact, they all have the same walk, the same height, they even follow the same routes. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE NEXT GEN!! AARRGGHH. If a gurd had of strafed out of a corner with the other running out, that would have been alright but when they run after other, with exact footsteps..

Anyway, I still think it looks like an amzing game but you all overlooked a lot, even more than i can be bothered to write...
Wed 04/10/00 at 23:02
Regular
"Whatever!"
I think at this stage it something like 35% complete, so a lot more work is still to be done.
Wed 04/10/00 at 16:54
I personally think it looked awesome. Blue tinge? not on my TV.

Remember though - it is still in development, and a long way from complete.
Wed 04/10/00 at 16:47
Sure, the graphics look good and the game looks to carry on very nicely but there were MANY flaws i noticed.

Firstly, like the original it uses a very basic colour pallette and everything has that blue tinge about it.

Also, the guards walk FAR too fast and the animation looks irregular.

When Snake is jumping, kiking or punching, his actions aswell look very out of place and far too fast in comparison with the likes of Code Veronica.

And the thing I could not stop laughing about was quite obviously when Snake closed the locker right in the guards face and they still couldnt figure out where he had went untill he made a sound... Artificial intelligence?? Not much here which brings me on to my next comment.

All the guards act exact, they all have the same walk, the same height, they even follow the same routes. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE NEXT GEN!! AARRGGHH. If a gurd had of strafed out of a corner with the other running out, that would have been alright but when they run after other, with exact footsteps..

Anyway, I still think it looks like an amzing game but you all overlooked a lot, even more than i can be bothered to write...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.